Biamping vs. Biwiring Pass Labs

Looking at the specs the X600 looks pretty much as powerful as a X350 but in mono. Would there be any advantage of using 2 X350s instead of 2 X600s and using one channel to drive the mid and highs, and the other to drive the bass (Nautilus 801s)? So you're using one per speaker but bi-amping...

....?
nautiliser
Thanks Sgr, I think 4 X600s is a bit too pricey for now, but the 2 X350s does sound tempting, I think it'll cost be a little more than the X600s but it does allow me to do it in stages. The Pass X1 has a 'tape out'...is this the same as the output? So could I run interconnects from that and the output? The Y adaptor seems a bit fishy to me I'd rather do it seperately if possible.

Thanks a lot for your advice...
The tape output is a fixed line level signal making it unaffected by the volume control. Therefore it will not be useful in this configuration.
I would call Peter Perkins at Pass (530)367-3690 and ask. You might even get Nelson on the phone, as he answers it sometimes.

The reason I suggest calling is it's my understanding that Nelson Pass thinks of mono-blocks as the way to amplify & a stereo amp is for convenience. Like anything audio, YMMV.