Blues from the 50s/60s/70s

Im very interested in build a nice collection of blues from the 50s to 70s and found that vinil is the way to go because the great qwuality and variety. I need help with names of the best performers and great recordings of those years. Would you help me with some titles and details of what specials recordings I need to find? thanks in advance
jorsan
Now I have a lot of homework!!!(lol).
Is good to know that this thread will be helpfull for others also.
Thanks to all.
Jorsan:

Start with Leadbelly, end with Fred McDowell, put early B. B. King and (early) Johnny Winter in between, and, you're done! Simple!
For my part, it would be helpful if those posting would suggest some LPs that are great for both LP sound quality and music. It seems to me that if the sound quality is lackluster on so many of these blues LPs, and they are also so rare/expensive, it would make more sense, when building a blues collection, to focus more towards CDs or PC-based digital, and go with vinyl just in the rare instances when a good LP of the material is available, such as Lighnin Hopkins Goin Away, for example.
Mm2550, for me Lps sounds way much better than CDs, is fascinating how each LP sounds different from the other, more obvious when they were recorded in the 60s or 70s, they have a lot more presence and realism than CDs, but thats only my opinion of course.
Until now I have my music collection (about 1,000 CDs) stored in my computer under FLAC format and I played with a very good sound system. About a month ago I decided to return to vinil (Im getting older), found a very good turtable with a great cartridge, an almost new collection of records of the 70s and ... here I am, enjoying a lot rediscovering the analog sound !!!
A couple of very good sounding lp's that I have picked up over the past several months starting with the great old recording from Muddy Waters- The London Muddy Waters Sessions- an absolute must have for any Muddy fan and Blues fan in general. the recording is well above average considering the venue and time. For a really nice lp from Muddy pick up "The Lost Tapes" on Blind Pig records. While on Blind Pig another exceptional recording try Buddy Guy and Junior Wells "Drinkin TNT and Smokin Dynamite" a very good album. And, as I mentioned before Tommy Castro "Painkiller" is one of my favorites.