Bob Carver 180 Mono-blocks perform superbly

Is anyone in the Audiogon community using the Bob Carver 180 mono-blocks? I just placed a new pair in my system and I am really amazed at their performance. I am using them with the PS Audio PWD/PWT, First Sound MK-III and Tyler Acoustics D1 speakers. The price to performance ratio is outstanding. The Bob Carver 180's are producing an extremely clean, clear and open sound-stage. I can safely say they will compete with mono-blocks costing much more.
thankful
Don't forget Bob's superb "Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Control Center," the preamp design from the mid '90's which has become one of those rare components which, just 10 years after the last one rolled off the line, is selling for more than it sold new.
Man! You're right. I having a total recall. I don't use active preamps, so it slipped my mind.
This becomes an interesting read towards the bottom.

http://db.AudioAsylum.com/mhtml/m.html?forum=tubes&n=231311&highlight=6al5&r=&search_url=%2Fcgi%2Fsearch.mpl%3Fforum%3Dtubes%26searchtext%3D6al5
Ah yes, I remember this story of Bob and Stu Hegeman. The best designers of the glory tube years would never consider designing a SET amp, including Bob. It was PP class AB amps all the way, and to my ears they are more neutral than any SET amp I've heard. Bob is an entertaining story teller. Thanks for the link Vic.
Bob Carver tube amp owners should unite and ask for stepped volume control and better output coupling caps as upgrade options. They're easy upgrades that significantly improves the sound.