Bob Dylan, have an opinion?

Would love to hear your comments on the man. Good, bad or indifferent. Is he rocks most influential artist? Is he a musical and poetic genius? What are your favorite albums, songs, and concerts. Cornfedboy, ya got any good Dylan stories?
brulee
Need to replace my old John Wesley Harding LP. Can anyone offer some guidance about alternatives -- reissues, vinyl v. CD, etc.? General info about Zimmy's reissues would be interesting, too. Thanks
I forgot about the John Wesley Harding album, thanks. We just have the double Carnegie Hall CD and some new one (97 or 98) that my wife picked up (haven't listened to it yet). My wife can still recite the lyrics from the "Blonde on Blonde" album which are imbedded in her brain (while the best that I can do is remember the the lyrics from "I'm so Glad", by The Cream:-). PRS123: I have never seen Joni Mitchell perform, which is lame on my part as she used to play out here quite a lot.
I love Dylan's music. In the most difficult evenings of my life, I would always turn to Bob through my stereo. Singing along and playing the music as loudly and soulfully as I could. At some point, I would give it up, and go to sleep. Always felt better the next day. In my mind, a genius, no doubt. Don't care for his paintings though.
Dekay: Yes, I put on Lou Rawls (At Last), Dinana Krall Love Songs), and Carrie Smith (Confessin' the Blues) to bring out his smile.
I still haven't discovered the key to enjoying Dylan. Agreed, he is an amazing bard/poet, but I just get tired of hearing his voice. I can tolerate it for about 3 or 4 songs. But after that, I'll take the Tribute to Dylan albums out and replace Blood on the Tracks.