Budget Turntable suggestions

I am very interested in getting more into the audio communtiy. I currently have a budget of around $300 (if that is even feasible), and I would love to hear some suggestions for turntables. I really have no idea where to start. I understand that you can spend some $$$ on cartridges for turntables, but I am pretty lost when it comes to the overall turntable. I have a ton of records that I would love to listen to.
ackack
For a no fuss set-up, but with very good sound, the Rega's can't be beat. The P1 would definitely fit in that budget, and maybe even a P2 used.
You do not mention if you have a reciever with a phono input? If you have nothing with a phono input or a stand alone phono preamp, you will need to add one to your budget.I just left The Needle Doctors website ,and he has a good selection of turntables in your price range .They could set you up with a package with everything you need .I do not work for them.Good luck,and have fun!
I recommend you look at this Audio Technica Bundle from LPGear. It includes a heavy, rugged turntable with aftermarket turntable mat and Audio Technica AT-95 cartridge, widely considered the best $50 cart out there. It has pushbutton controls to change speeds and even includes 78 rpm. It also has a built-in phono preamp and volume control so you can hook it directly to powered speakers if you like, or to a receiver that doesn't have a phono preamp. It also had an analog-to-digital converter and USB output so you can rip your vinyl to computer and on to your iPod.

And it's right at your price point.