Building the Audio Note Kit 1 SET amp...

Hi, Folks,
If anyone's interested, I've started a blog with lots of photos, documenting my ongoing build of the Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp. If you've ever thought of building any kit before and want to get a feel for what it's like, you're welcome to have a look!
rebbi
Charles,
As you know, I was itching to upgrade the 300b's in my Kit One, but there were too many other financial priorities. I would love to have a set of the Takatsuki like you have, but that's out of reach now.
Sometime a week or so ago,another member mentioned that Parts Connexion had Black Treasure 300b z tubes on sale for $279.00 pr. I went for it as that is a good deal, and they are arriving tomorrow.
Obviously there are better ones, but they should be a nice upgrade from the tubes that came with the amp.
I will report when they have broken in a bit.
John
John,
that is a very good bargain price for that caliber of tube. I got those tubes back in 2009 when they first hit the market and they were 600.00 a pair. They are very good 300b tubes and I used them(happily) for 2 1/2 years before I got the Takatsuki.
Charles,
Charles,
If you liked them, then I know I will love them.
From a purely aesthetic point of view though, I think the Takatsuki 300b is a thing of beauty.
Well, I spoke with Pete today. The new output transformers have been installed and the amp is working properly and sounds terrific. He's going to let it burn in for a couple of days and will ship it later this week. Pete's just terrific to deal with. I will check in again when I have the amp back in hand.