Cable vs. Electronics: biggest bang for the buck

I recently chronicled in a review here, my experience with a very expensive interconnect. The cables cost nearly $7000 and are well beyond my reach. The issue is, the Pursit Dominus sound fantastic. Nothing in my stereo has ever sounded so good. I have been wondering during and since the review how much I would have to spend to get the same level of improvement. I'm sure I could double the value of my amp or switch to monoblocks of my own amps and not obtain this level of improvement.
So, in your opinion what is the better value, assuming the relative value of your componants being about equal? Is it cheaper to buy, great cables or great electronics? Then, which would provide the biggest improvement?
128x128nrchy
oh 6ch, and here I thought you got it: whack!! The sound of one hand clapping across with bamboo. :o)

3 cents, 500 posts, 123, 555678, 54.32? What is your Face?

:0) 3 :0) 500 :0) 123.......

On the Jung guys, the historical stuff, really enjoying it and learning some things too. Thanks for your efforts.

Clueless, our "experiement in secular democracy". Uh, I didn't know we'd had one yet...The "overturning" of the "Newtonian Mechanistic world". Uh, when did that happen? Yes, Jung confronted his "darkness" in many ways, and many ways not. What we need to see about Jung is that he saw deep into his own mind and, conversely, the collective. As you go deeper, the "darkeness" of, what Tibetans call, "difilements" increases. You have more "centered" consciousness in which to encounter that darkness (instinctual self) as it becomes darker. In this way, the "what is" - being so accommodating as it were - enables just enough center to handle each new way of darkness, Some waves Jung stood before, some he turned away from. When he stood - letting the darkness blow through him like wind - he saw things to tell us about; when he turned away, he rejoined the world of other-against-other. Like the existentialists, he looked "below" (ok, 6ch?) the thinking mind, seeing that he/we are something more, saw the archetypes, but did not see below them. Intuited his "ground", but ultimately defaulted to light/dark. This is the Path we all take, whether we know it or not. Jung injected into the collective mind a catalyst of thought based upon his visions - that karmic energy is still here in this moving thread....
There are many ways to cut a chicken, bro. I wrote it not only for you, but for others, too! ;-)
said above> Clueless, our "experiment in secular democracy". Uh, I didn't know we'd had one yet...

Uh….I was answering Narchy’s post where he said the Nazi movement was more “religion than politics.” My point was that they are not separate and that, to the extent they are, it is a fragile experiment. The dates would be 1776-89. If you see no significance that is up to you.

said above> The "overturning" of the "Newtonian Mechanistic world". Uh, when did that happen?

Uh…Anyone remotely familiar with physics would place it at least by 1905 to 1916 (approx) at the latest. Einstein’s two papers on relativity.

Uh...I am really tired of the hostility here and sign off. Uh...There are better things to do.

Uh...Good luck to all.
Uh...Adieu,
True Asa, the karmic energy is still here. Jung was one of us and he saw more than the most of us and he failed like all of us, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty he stood his ground like only few of us.
True Clueless, I find little fault with your synopsis. You are knowlegeable and place your accents well. Two points only: It is, thanks to Jung, that much which was called occult, nowadays has become common knowlege about the psyche-mind. Occult is a silly term to my mind and just as sterile as the mainstream of knowlege, which by naming it thus, ostracises it and by doing this, hides its inability to understand and deal with it. I don't like the term, because it places barriers within the mind. I find my own stupidity barrier enough and I don't need more, thankyou.
Alchemy is only occult to the beholder who does not see beyond the veil. Case in point, perhaps. Jung was fascinated by the Alchemists, because he saw parallels between their imagery and symbolism and that of his patients. The Alchemists, not knowing in terms of modern science what was going on within their bulbs and ovens, saw that their prime matter, they were working on, was transforming in appearance and substance and described this in a symbolism which can find its exact counterpart in dreams, visions, phanstasies of modern man, when he is undergoing change, is growing, transforming. Why thus: The anwser is very simple. To the Alchemists, the matter in their retorts was like a Rorschach test and they "projected". What they projected were transformative symbols, which to Jung lie dormant in our psyche and which come to life during our spiritual, intellectual and biological growing pains,when we should develop but yet do not quite know how. Jung went on to show, that quite a number of alchemists started to realise, that they projected. That it was they who underwent change and the symbolism, which popped up in their minds, concerned them just as much as the matter, they were observing. Sort of a Heisenbergian forerunner no?! Well there are a few Alchemists like Maier, or Lampspring, who in their language and symbolism in the 17th century described exact stages of the individuation process with a detailed knowlege about its steps and implications, which yet have to be reached by the mainstream of modern psychology.It was they, who realised, that the transformation, which took place, was in them as well as in the matter , they were observing. Fascinating,no?! It was Jung who gave us a key to its understanding and if you are, like me, familiar with the dreams and phantasies of modern man, you'd be amazed how to the point and knowledgeable those "occultists" were. To cut a long story short: What we call irrational probably only shows the boundaries of our rationality and unveils us as shortsighted and stupid.
I feel, since Jung and his occupation with the "occult", we have the chance to be a little less stupid about our ture reality. The East has been always and since centuries far more knowledgeabe about this. As far as the knowlege of ourselves is concerend, here, we in the West are underdeveloped country and in need of aid. Our pszchology basically is ridiculous in its blindness for our transcendent needs and in its obsession with measurements. What we manage to measure and statistically prove generally boils down to what every child knows anyway. Jung has closed the gap for us quite considerably by using the modalities of western thought. He is one of us, not an imported Guru. Quite an achievement, in the light of which his failings don't really interest me much. rather, like Clueless, I like him more for it.