Cable vs. Electronics: biggest bang for the buck

I recently chronicled in a review here, my experience with a very expensive interconnect. The cables cost nearly $7000 and are well beyond my reach. The issue is, the Pursit Dominus sound fantastic. Nothing in my stereo has ever sounded so good. I have been wondering during and since the review how much I would have to spend to get the same level of improvement. I'm sure I could double the value of my amp or switch to monoblocks of my own amps and not obtain this level of improvement.
So, in your opinion what is the better value, assuming the relative value of your componants being about equal? Is it cheaper to buy, great cables or great electronics? Then, which would provide the biggest improvement?
128x128nrchy
Asa than you for throwing an intimate light. Of course, I put forth the proposition that darkness is a personal affair -- but we (I) may sometimes try to pull others into our (my) perceived darkness... (we'll cook/hang together).
A more positive approach would be the other way 'round, look up toward the light. My darkness in inside me -- outside the sun is shining!
Light inside of you too Gregm!! I see it, and have seen it before here. Thank you for reminding me of darkness; we are all each others' teachers and as long as that is done authentically, it is ok. Like detlof and many others, you have always been truthful with me. Detlof, as I said awhile back, has me pegged: it all about meeting. That is part of my faith. Thank you again.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
1) First thing first, I like to take this opportunity to apologize to Mark (Asa) and the rest of you if I offended you, intensional or un-intensional(?). Especially Asa, Detlof, Unsound, Nrchy, Sean (yes, you too), Sugarbrie, Z man, Twl and Clueless(?)(man, I am starting to sound like you). I think my 3 cents (collect from everyone that read my posts) really belong to Asa for he swallow my remarks. And believe me, it is not easy! I've used to be in his shoes, except it's my choice. Asa, don't spare me when you use that bamboo stick.
2) Gregm, you beat me to it. Your post is really beautiful, Sir.
3) Asa, regarding your e-mail. Thank you, I really proud of you. I have been waiting...You really earn my respect as a gentleman. Anyway, I speak for myself if you know what I mean ;-). The other thing is just probing. ;-). Asa, I was thinking of calling you, last night but my cheap side kick in for it is a long distance call. But I am opened for communication...by e-mail, please. I need time to swallow your English! Anyway Asa, I don't think you will get much from me, as I've said in the beginning, I really have nothing to say. I might bug you more than you think I would. My friend you are stuck with me. LOL
4) Audiogon, please let this one goes, through.
5) I have not think about it, yet....LOL
6) Ten Bulls anyone? NO? :-)
7) Now, I really, really, really quit this thread. OK?, please don't call me. Hahaha...
Thank you, 6ch. Courage.

I do not mind being reminded. You may keep doing that. People telling me I'm a windbag is not a bad thing to hear now and then, especially because its true (I am working on it...). Actually, I have enjoyed your non-dual "pointing" in the past. Just thought this went a little over the line. Like I said to you, though, I have gone off myself sometimes, so it happens.

Its forgotten as far as I'm concerned.

To audiogon: people make mistakes, all of us. It takes courage to say sorry. 6ch said that he may not be posting anymore. That was not my intent, and although I realize that this is your decision, as the one who cited it, I don't think it rises to a level where 6ch should be barred. I never felt that strongly, just wanted to hold up a mirror. Again, it takes courage to look into that mirror. That should mean something.

6ch, say somthing, not say something, people learn and grow from both. And, I don't mind being stuck with you, really.

Be well.