Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
@Audiolabyrinth; I sold Taralabs for over 2 years of time. I loved the brand. But Holland was not important enough for them. The company who did Taralabs in Holland had many problems for receiving the cables we sold. At the end they stopped. They have still a little in stock, sometimes I still sell Taralabs loudspeaker cable
Odin is a Nordost cable, so it has Nordost properties. As you know I owned the Valhalla for over 12 years and I sold many Valhalla and other Nordost cables for a long period of time. I know exactly what it does and what are there weaknesses. I have done a lot of Nordost tests. Odin had a lot more authority over Valhalla and a better sound. But......still the same properties. This means.....less depth, not an extreme sharp individual focus and the overwhole sound is stil not as in real. This year I was a t a show were they used Odin. So Bobby thought mmmmmmm articulation test. Bruce Springsteen's Brothers under the Bridge gave the answer. You could hear some sss and tt and th. But it was by far not of the same openness as the Redwood does with this part.
@ Bo1972, Hi, I know everyone at Taralabs, I believe if you wanted to sell their cables there in the neitherlands, I can make that happen!, regardless of what happened to the distributor there!, you can be the new distributor!, As we both know, there is no such cable as the best because of system synergies are different, I believe adding Taralabs to your list of available products will also be part of some of your shows where customers can experience real sound like some of the other brands of cables you sell do!,adding more variety never hurts your sales, and the cable brand will up hold your reputation as best sound at the shows!, I recommend selling the 0.8ex on up the cable food chain to the top model!, and you could be part of premiering Taralabs new top cables coming out at the years end, They have not had to make a new top cable for 14 years!, so, you can imagine the rest of the industry would take another 8 to 14 years to rival their new top cable again, they will have in addition to the new top cable, a new line as well made just fow wide band amplifiers and componets!, I have been friends with Taralabs since 1996!, As a matter of fact they have offered me to be a dealer!, would be nice!, thou I can sell their cables, I do not have the capital to go for it, maybe one day soon, but not today!,,, cheers!
These days Audioquest is my favorite brand in cables. Because it has all properties what should be there in a balanced audio set. They only thing what they cannot do; making exeptional good powercables like Purist Audio makes. I tested them, but Purist Audio is superior in every aspect. In 2 weeks I will meet Bill of Audioquest. I will tell him they have to get back tot the drawing table.
@ Bo1972, Audioquest must have came a very long way since I last listened to one of their cables!,I suppose a cable brand could get better over 10 years, thats the last time I gave all their models a spinn!,, cheers!