Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
@ bo1972, Hi, you confirmed that the progress happened in the last few years, just as I suspected!, Thats great!, I would like to go and hear some of the new audioquest cables, just to see how far they came along!, However, I just bought the top of the line Taralabs cobalt a/c power cord today!, retail $5,000.00 for 6ft!, Its said this power cord out performs most power cords at eany price point!, well see!, I just want it to sound good for me!, Thanks Bo1972, cheers my friend!
I prefer and use Purist Audio Design powercables. The powercables of Audioquest are not good enough. As you know I am only interested in the best. BECAUSE GOOD NEVER WIL BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?rcabl&1362580561

$5000 for 6 feet of power cable?! My entire rig cost that! Just dump the wall outlets and run the NM10 to a home made distribution box using hospital grade outlets and hook your gear into that. Or hard wire everything doing away with sockets and cables!
06-24-13: Noromance
$5000 for 6 feet of power cable?! My entire rig cost that!

I have seen audio rigs that cost more than my home! I have seen watches that cost more than my car! We live in an age of excess.
It is not about the price, it is about the level in sound quality you get for a certain amount you want to spend to the whole package. That is why I Always use blind auditions. I did many a-b blind tests whith cheeep cables and a expensive amp or source with a much less expensive amp or source witht an expensive cable. Then I aks what do you like more. These days the quality is so good of a few cables thay all people Always choose for the more expensive cable with less expensive amp or source. Thta is an honnest way. This is how I sell cables. Why? Because I want every person to get the best quality for the money they spend. Nothing more, nothing less. My Pass Labs X250.5 with a Purist Audio LE 2013 wins with ease of my older XA100.5 set with less expensive cables. Superior blacks, much better focus, more resolution, more control and even more 3d touchable image. I love audio so much, because I love to test. And Always looking for the best. This testing will never stop untill I die.