cal. audio ikon mkII power boss upgrade

Is this upgrade worth it, or would I be better off waiting another year to buy a new player in the 2 to 3k range?
no_money
No-Money: I considered the $600.00 upgrade until I was able to listen to one of the units. It makes the Icon sound more like the newer 5, 10 and 15 models in that the sound is more analytical, but I feel that it loses some of it's musicality. This is just my taste and opinion. I instead applied the "no money" approach to my CAL which involved purchasing the basic accessories that I would have purchased anyway for another player. First were Vibrapods "under" a MDF platform/board (you do not have to remove the stock feet, just place the CAL on top of the board), total cost $26.00 (including shipping) and a big improvement in detail as well as more controlled bass. Second were Super Silver IC's from Homegrown Audio which made the CAL sound faster again with improved detail, total cost $73.15 -w- shipping. Third was the replacement of the stock PC with a Harmonic Tech Pro 11 PC with increased the dynamics (of this laid back player) as well as increasing detail and darkening/expanding the sound stage, total cost $130.00 used -w- shipping. The HT cord has a reputation of being slightly bright which I feel compliments the CAL. The total cost of the additions were under $230.00 and IMO it sounds better (smoother and more musical) than the same player with the Boss upgrade. I did not listen to the upgraded player at home and though it was on an isolation platform I did not try it with an upgraded PC or with my IC's so I have no opinion of how it would perform under those conditions and assume that it would have sounded better to my ears if they had been used, but still we are talking about an additional $600.00. I also use a Monster HTS2000 power conditioner on my CAL, but only because of the trashy power in my building. Even before the addition of the Monster it sounded real good at around midnight.
No-Money: If there are any around and you can audition one at a shop try and find the CL-15. It sounded similar to the upgraded Icon to me and it will give you a good idea of what the change in sound is like. It will sound better at first impression but watch for the glare that you should not be experiencing with your stock Icon. I personaly will save my money and wait for a better player overall than any of the CAL's for our living room system.
Dekay, I have black diamond cones and "those things" under the player and everything in the system is wired with Transparent "super" including the pc. I also had some dots applied to some of the components inside, I think they where Marigo? or something like that. So the player is about as tweaked as I can get it except for the Boss upgrade. To tell you the truth I was hopefull that the upgrade was only around $400.00. I am not sure I want to invest that much with the new formats soon to come. Unfortunately I no longer have the box so that + shipping would drive it up further. The dealer I bought this from no longer carries them so I can't hear any of the newer models but unless the upgrade would make this player comprable to say a 2K or so new player I will just wait. Have you compared this player to any in this range? When I bought it four years ago it was all I could budget for but since then some major improvements to the finances have come about so now I am wondedring just how much would I have to spend to get a REAL improvement. I am not talking about subtle changes, I want to know for a fact I just upgraded my player. Oh yea, what are you using in the rest of your system, you too Gmele?