Cartridge dilemma

Hi guys, i posted two weeks ago about the fact that my DV 10X5 stylus broke and i need to decide what i will do next.
so far i spoke to Peter Lederman at soundsmith and for retipping it will cost me $250 or $350 explaining some work beyond my understanding, i also was told by a dealer that iron cartridges did not work with PS audio phono what Peter today said it wasn't true.
I would like to hear from your experiences with soundsmith and DV cartridges what could the smartest move since i am don't have lots of cash to spend on graduate school, but certainly i would like to get the right one.

Peter suggested "The boheme" he also mention that when you buy from them you only pay 20% for repairs afterwards what seems like a long term investment.

Before i was considering:
DYNAVECTOR - 20X2-L
Dynavector 17D3 Phono Cartridge
Ortofon 2M Black Phono Cartridge

MY TT Rega P5 no upgrades.
PS Audio GCPH phono preamplifier

I will really appreciate any inputs related to my current dilemma, i am sure some of you had gone trough the same.

thank you always,
128x128mountainsong
Sorry, now I am confused. I was under the impression that you could not afford to buy a new 10X5, and you were looking for less expensive alternatives. Then you mention that you are considering 3 cartridges that cost more than the 10X5. So I am lost, I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. Would you care to fill in the blanks of exactly what kind of help you are looking for?

Have you considered the Dynavector trade in program? Many dealers will give you 20% off a brand new cartridge for the trade in of an old one. As far as I know, the old one does not have to be a functioning one. So you could get a brand new 10X5 for $360. I would do that before spending $250-$350 just to repair an older one, but as always, YMMV.
Great advice from Jmc. Excellent answer.

A few weeks ago a friend and I did a cartridge shoot out using a Rega P9 and a pimped out P25. Cartridges on audition were:

Dynavector 20XL2
Ortofon Black
Denon 103R
Dynavector XV-1
Benz Wood L2

Neither one of us had a preference between the Dynavector 20XL2 and the Ortofon Black, the two that you are considering. Yes, they sounded different. One might say different but equal.
Just to make sure you guys understand what I was trying to explain.
When the DV 10x5 stylus broke I was considering an upgrade for a cartridge on a 1k range reason why I mentioned below.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough mentioning.
Thank you
Well then you could use the Dynavector trade-in program as suggested. If $360 is still too much money, grab a Ortofon 2M Red for about $100.