CD v. SACD

I was planning on buying a new CD player (Rega Jupiter 2000), when I read a few reveiws of the Sony SCD-XA777ES, which used, I could buy for about the same amount as the Rega new. I currently have an extensive CD collection, but no SACDs. My question is whether I should just go ahead and buy the Sony, or whether a dedicated CD player, like the Rega (or others at its price point) are significantly better in their CD playback. Thanks. Tom
boschtb
Yes the DVD A track will only play in a DVD A player the other will play on anything. How many Dual layer SACD are availabe. Last trip to Bestbuy and all they had was single layer.
And to make maters worse SONY Canada is not supporting Dual layer Format. That tell me a whole lot about how Sony is commited to the format.

One other thought. Why do we not get Sony A+ gear in North America. Why do we get what the Asian market wont put up with in terms of Sonics.
Maybe because "we" whine too much about the technology not being perfected instead of letting Sony release it and see what needs to be improved from an end-users perspective! Why would they stick a lot more money into a format that is regularly denigrated by people who know little or nothing about it???
They want market penetration and poor little me can't afford Accuphase prices. They want the public to find out about SACD and that can only happen if it's affordable. Less than 1% of audiophiles can pay $16,500 for Accuphase hi end, which may or may not be better than an SCD-1(opinions vary). So we can get Sony A quality and pay one fifth of A+. Remember, Sony wants the 99% group desperately, so SACD can succeed. Sony is starting to release more and more hybrids and their production will be up to 25 million disc per year capacity soon. And last time I checked, the Dolby and DTS 5.1 tracks still won't play on my computer, home, or car CD player. I'm not from Canada so I would'nt venture to comment on that situation. But I hope they do go the hybrid way, because it's the only option for success of the format in my opinion. By the way I do own a Toshiba SD9200 and it's one heck of a player. I feel that DVDA betters Redbook by some margin, but does'nt compare to my SCD-1. Gary.