Clear upgrade from 10T's?

Here's my story....

My new home set up requires that my Ariel 10T's be fairly close to the wall (12-18 in.) so, though I really have enjoyed them, I'm not getting the best sound.

My question: What should I audition that,is a clear upgrade to the Ariels, and performs at its best near the wall?

I have Bryston 7ST monos driving the 10T's, a Cinepro 3KSE driving the center and surrounds and a Proceed AVP2 pre/pro.

Thanks for any guidance and advice.
vincent
I too had the 10's. I moved to Montana EPS. They have the port in the front,although I never had them against the wall.--Beg to the misses,your a 'phile and your speaker needs its space."Up-against-the-wall" seems like it is preparing to be shot??
I owned 10T's for several years. Went to Avalon Eclipse. Went to Goldmund Dialogue. Now have Zu Druids and discovered, much to my wife's delight, that they perform very well smack up against the front wall. No image problem, no bass problem, no kidding. You won't need those big amps though .......... the Druids are very efficient.
AV George..does that approach work in your house? Unfortunately, my current set up does not allow to put the Ariels 3-4 feet into the room as I would like.

I am intrigued by the Druids. How are they on bass? I know the Definitions have been getting alot of press on this site by they are a little pricey.
Hi Vincent,

The 20t's are bottom ported, which means they don't have to be quite as far from the rear wall as the 10t's. However, I still don't think they would work well against the wall. There have been some interesting speakers mentioned here as I sometimes think about moving to more efficient speaker myself.

Best of luck,

Dan