Compare Paradigm speakers to....

I'm curious how others would compare Paradigm speakers to others in their price class? Any particular model or series. I recently heard a pair of Monitor 11s and felt they performed far better than the pair of Klipsh I was comparing to.
gare
I've already cast my vote for the Paradigm S8s (v2) numerous times in other threads. For the benefit of others who are looking to buy great speakers for a reasonable price, I suggest that you audition the S8s. The S8s have been reviewed time after time over the years and have garnered top accolades.

I've said it many times, don't be fooled by the pricing. Paradigm manufactures pretty much every component in house at its factory in Ontario. Only the cabinents are made in China. In addition, R&D and fixed costs are spread over a huge product offering, which means total absorption costs per speaker very well may be less than other so called premier brands. Well, if you took basic econ and accounting in college, this would not be such a mystery.

Btw, Paradigm owns its own world class testing chamber which other manufacturers use.

IMO, the real issue here is that many audiophiles believe that something that good just can't be so reasonably priced. Again, just my opinion, but if I was to switch out for a better sounding speaker - which I may do one day -- the next speaker will probably cost a heck of a lot more than my S8s.

Final thoughts. I have read some comments that say the S8s have a hot/tipped top end. Others have retorted that a lot has to do with system synergy. I agree with the later views.

I drive my S8s with ARC tube gear. I find the sound to be very mellow and balanced. Detail is spectactular. For example, I have a Norah Jones CD where she does duets with other vocalists (e.g., Ray Charles, Dolly Parton, etc). I can actually hear the two voices separated in 3-D space. Another factor may be my listening room, which is a finished basement that is carpeted and furnished. I'm sure that has something to do with the presentation as well.

Folks, I repeat again, just my opinion, I'm not saying the S8s are the best speakers in the world. All I'm saying is that they are worth a serious listen with good equipment. As an aside, I suspect that the S8s are not pushed by a lot of high end dealers because the profit margin may not be the same as other super "high-end" speakers.

Happy listening.
Paradigms, are of course one of the great value leaders in quality audio. Another is another Canadian, PSB. I think both should be auditioned when one's in the market for that sort of speaker. For example, although I acknowledge the quality and value of Paradigm, my personal taste runs to PSB. Not saying it's better, but to my ears (or taste) it sounds a bit more linear with a very natural and transparent midrange. Another one I'd check in this price category are the Monitor Audio Silver and Gold lines, or the Bronze line if you're really on a budget.

The Gold series is a bit of a bargain compared to most other speakers out there with ribbon tweeters. I have my eye on it for the future.
My only issue with Paradigm is they go shrill when pushed 89+ db in my medium room. Even with first class gear. IMO there are better for the price, and I have had a ton of studio, sig models. I think the best Paradigm value is in a used pair of Studio 20 V2's
I've owned Paradigm Atom and Studio (20 and 60) speakers. Can't comment and the Sig series. I think the Atoms are one of the best value speakers in their class.

The Studio series, IMO, does everything well, better suited for HT but also very good for rock music. What they lack, IMO, is a "wow" factor. Rarely a moment, in my experience, where a certain instrument, vocal, track produces a sound that makes you want to hear that again. Really no soulful or emotional connection - at least musically.