Comparison Cary 306, Wadia 581, EMM Labs CDSA

Hi all,

it's time to get a new (used) CD / SACD player and I reduced the possibilities to the following 3 candidates:
Cary SACD 306 (PRO)
Wadia 581 (SE)
EMM Labs CDSA (SE)
(Volume control and/or digital inputs NOT a requirement but SACD playback a MUST)
Had anyone the possibility to compare these players? I think they are (used) in more or less the same price range and I've not the possibility to listen to all of them so I am really curious and can't wait to hear your opinions.
Listen a lot to (female) voices (Jazz, Rock, Singer/Songwriter), Classic and also Rock and Electronic.

Thanks a lot
Peter
bauerp
Megan, Might wanna recheck your stats. Consumer response has been so bad for the CDSA that EMM will make ANYBODY a dealer, even you. Just to turn a unit. Let's forget about the recall of the ENTIRE first batch. Mr EMM is a SOTA guy, not too good at the price point thing. Yet. Tell me again how many Cary Pros you've seen listed? I can see by your feedback that you have tried them all! Keep your Civic and please stay out of the deep end. Z.
i won't comment on the cary as i've not heard it. but let me chime in on the following:
1) i covered EMM's build quality in my review on dagogo. that said, i've never had a problem, its just not built to the same standards as esoteric or wadia. its also $6k cheaper than esoteric, and has a better track record than wadia (i've not heard the 581, but owned the 861se, which was not comparable to the EMM).
2) wadia had LOTS of problems w/ 1st gen 581s, which is why you saw so many for sale. the later rev's seem to be fine though. shame some buyers became beta testers though---but that's for wadia to sort out. ---this is the first time i've heard the same accusation leveled at EMM, ever.
3) the EMM is a very high-selling player (i'd have to go back to shahin at Emm to get exact vol's, but i want to say it was > 5k). no wonder some are for sale.
4) no evidence whatsoever that EMM makes "anyone" a dealer.
5) at this time, the only major player in pro digital that also goes audiophile is EMM. think the studios use junk?

now, nowhere was i willing to promo or bash the sonics of these fine players; meagan was right--at this level, its personal preference. but for zieman to come down hard on EMM without evidence sure smacks of an agenda.
Rhyno, If you think you are tight with Shahin, ask him, point blank. I did, over dinner at CES. It is no secret. Both the reliability issue as well as the dealer issue. EMM ads on this home page speak volumes. One phone call does the rest. That is why he was hired! Every player mentioned has had teething problems. We all know about the SACD Standard as well. Remember those being "dumped" six months ago? The original question was about a used player. I stand behind my advice. My "adgenda" has been unearthed! I have a bit of trouble with you comparing redbook, (861SE) when again the original request was for advice on SACD players. No, the 861 can't touch the CDSA on SACD!
Hey,
I didn't wanted to start a big argument, just wanted to get some impressions, seems that no one had really compared these players. I've read a a comparison in the Wadia forum where the 581 outplayed the 306 SACD.
I'll keep on looking
Thanks
Peter