Copper Sleeve over IEC

There has been several threads on AA about putting a 1 1/2" copper union (coupler) over the IEC on the CD Player, Preamp, Amp.

Well I tried it...

Anyone else give it a try?
128x128ozzy
Why would this have an effect? Does it reduce vibrations of the copper coupler and the chassis?
Tbg, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but my guess is yes it has something to do with reducing vibrations of the copper coupler. With that said, I have been using the Teflon plumbers tape like this for years, And it has always added better dynamics and blackness to the powercords I have used it on. The coupling( pardon the pun) of the two gives you the best of both worlds. It's only an inch long, but I'm sure life has taught us all every inch counts.
I tried it IMS and it rolled off the high frequencies and decreased dynamics so they went back to Home Depot.
Jejaudio, Sorry, but I am not understanding what you are recommending.
Are you putting the teflon tape over the power cord female IEC conductors? Or are you putting it over the the CD Players male IEC conductors? Or what ?
Ozzy just put a small strip of Teflon tape over the power cord female IEC. Another way to do it is to just plug your power cord in your unit and take the teflon tape strip and lay it between the power cord IEC and the units, There is always a gap there. Of coarse you wouldn't want the block the IEC holes with the Teflon strip. Just put it right on top of the power cord IEC then plug it in.