Dan D'Agostino Is Making 'Big Iron' Again - 800 wpc Monoblocks

Dan D'Agostino, formerly of Krell, is now making big monoblocks again.  
His new amp will be 800 wpc into 8 ohms, doubling all the way down to 2 ohms at 3200 wpc.
It will weigh 150 lbs.  No word yet on what it will cost.  It is due to come out 1st quarter of this year.

128x128mitch4t

The D'Agostino Progression Monaural Power Amplifier

We are excited to announce the Progression mono amplifier, the largest and most powerful amplifier, Dan D'Agostino Master Audio Systems has made to date, delivering 800 watts into 8 ohms, doubling to 1,600 watts into 4 ohms and doubling again to 3,200 watts into 2 ohms. It employs a fully complementary driver stage and output stage, beefed up with 84 power transistors, a 4000 VA power supply transformer and 400,000 microfarads of power supply storage capacitance.

The iconic look of the Momentum amplifiers' power meters, inspired by the elegant faces of classic Swiss watches, continues with the Progression series. The Progression mono amplifier features a new meter design with a 270-degree needle swing, driven by a high-speed ballistic circuit that enhances the meter's responsiveness. The longer swing allows the needle to cover the amplifier's entire output range. Progression Mono Amplifier Computer RenderingThe venturi heatsink design premiered in the Momentum amplifiers has been adapted to the cooling needs of theProgressionmono amplifier by adding a second row of venturis to each heatsink. Each heatsink is milled from a single, 48.5-pound (22-kilogram) aluminum billet.

Design thoughts from Dan..."With the Momentum series amplifiers, I focused on combining high power output with a relatively small form factor. But I knew some of our customers had a desire for a larger, more powerful amp at a somewhat more affordable price, that's why we created the Progression series."
"These components are a little more affordable than the Momentum series, in large part because we used aluminum instead of copper for the heatsinks. Progression doesn't quite match the sonics of Momentum, but these components still have most of the hallmarks of Momentum, including through-hole construction for the best sound quality and durability, and the same unmistakable, elegant look. Like all our products, the Progression series components will be built by hand in our Arizona factory."
The Progression mono amplifier is projected to ship in the first quarter of 2016 with a price to be announced, and will be available in silver or black finish. The Progression mono amplifier will be followed by a stereo amplifier, a stereo preamp and a lifestyle amplifier similar to the Momentum Lifestyle MLife integrated amplifier/DAC/streamer.
At CES, the Progression mono amplifier will be shown on static display at the Dan D'Agostino Master Audio Systems room, Suite 30-122 at the Venetian Hotel.
For more information and preliminary specifications on the Progression mono amplifier, please visit the Progression page at dandagostino.com.

Website         Products          Company        Media         Contact

I would guess the retail on Dan's new amplifier to be around $450 per pound.
brf ..., I had to chuckle at your comment.
... but what’s even funnier, is that you are probably right.
Very sweet! I can hardly await to read about it.
Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
Would not trust a 120 volt AC cord circuit. Needs 240 volt AC cord here in USA, and who uses that?

Stupid overkill power!
Glad to see Dan doing well after what happened with Krell.  He's one of the really good guys in this industry.  I can't wait to hear some of his new products!
Brf,

I went to their site and see it weighs 150lbs. So are you saying it sells for around 70k?

Taters, brf was making a joke.
...but I’ll wager his humor is probably spot-on regarding the price.
There is no announced price for these monsters yet.
Krell was my Christening to high end.   Had 3 Krell amps and was a BLAST.   My motto is also never too much power.  Once drove Avantgarde Uno with FPB 600 and surprisingly very good.   Happy the MAN is back building more refined products.    Fortunately my Hegel H30 is SUPERB so not in the market for a SS amp.
I’m more of a "first watt" tube amp tone freak and have no need for gigawatt amps (lucky me), but I do understand the Large Expensive Amp deal. To me D’Agostino’s stuff is so beautiful looking I’d be tempted to get one of them things…if I didn’t have to eat or buy cars and housing. Dan’s current "steampunk" designs are simply killer, and why most other SS amp designers go for Bauhaus boring is a mystery. There are exceptions, but really…Constellation? They look like food processors with less personality…can people even find a Hegel without its light on? You go Dan!
Dan was not so nice when he came out with his own speakers after B & W and others were using his amps. Those companies dropped him like a sack of potatoes and Dan soon left his company. You got to learn not to be too greedy.
"Bauhaus Boring" is a term that is part of the design world’s descriptive term lexicon treasured by architecture critics world wide although just made up by myself.
I would like to know what operation class this amp is? , the site has no mention of it,  however,  I suppose I could give Dan a phone call,  been awhile since we last talked. 
Received in an email today from D'Agostino Audio

Today, January 6, 2016
Dan D'Agostino will be live streaming at 1:30PM PST from our display suite in Las Vegas.

Please join him at: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/CES_2016/CES_2016_Live_Stream/
Dan will be discussing the new Progression  800W monaural amplifier and the upgraded Momentum S250 stereo amplifier.

Dan D'Agostino Master Audio Systems -
Venetian Suite 30-122Highlights:
Momentum S250 stereo amplifier
Progression 800W monaural amplifier
Stromtank S5000 high power independent battery power source
EgglestonWorks - Venetian Suite 30-212
Momentum stereo preamplifierMomentum M400 monaural amplifiers
MQA - Venetian Suite 30-335
Momentum S-250 stereo amplifier
ZenSati - Venetian Suite 34-207
Momentum MLife dCS - Mirage - Penthouse Suite
E4Momentum stereo preamplifier
Momentum M400 monaural power amplifiers
Stromtank S5000 high power independent battery power source

I prefer the aesthetics of the Momentum...The Progression is too similar to Pass... 
He used aluminum for the heat sinks, the Momentum uses copper for the heat sinks.  He said he's building the Progression series as a lower cost alternative the the Momentum.  Therefore, you will not see any bling on the Progression series, strictly utilitarian.  He also said that the sonics of the Progression series will not equal that of the Momentum series.  
The Momentum series will continue to showcase its bling.

The D'Agostino blast email is below:

The Progression Monaural Power Amplifier

We are excited to announce the Progression mono amplifier, the largest and most powerful amplifier, Dan D'Agostino Master Audio Systems has made to date, delivering 800 watts into 8 ohms, doubling to 1,600 watts into 4 ohms and doubling again to 3,200 watts into 2 ohms. It employs a fully complementary driver stage and output stage, beefed up with 84 power transistors, a 4000 VA power supply transformer and 400,000 microfarads of power supply storage capacitance.

The iconic look of the Momentum amplifiers' power meters, inspired by the elegant faces of classic Swiss watches, continues with the Progression series. The Progression mono amplifier features a new meter design with a 270-degree needle swing, driven by a high-speed ballistic circuit that enhances the meter's responsiveness. The longer swing allows the needle to cover the amplifier's entire output range. Progression Mono Amplifier Computer RenderingThe venturi heatsink design premiered in the Momentum amplifiers has been adapted to the cooling needs of the Progression mono amplifier by adding a second row of venturis to each heatsink. Each heatsink is milled from a single, 48.5-pound (22-kilogram) aluminum billet.

Design thoughts from Dan..."With the Momentum series amplifiers, I focused on combining high power output with a relatively small form factor. But I knew some of our customers had a desire for a larger, more powerful amp at a somewhat more affordable price, that's why we created the Progression series."
"These components are a little more affordable than the Momentum series, in large part because we used aluminum instead of copper for the heatsinks. Progression doesn't quite match the sonics of Momentum, but these components still have most of the hallmarks of Momentum, including through-hole construction for the best sound quality and durability, and the same unmistakable, elegant look. Like all our products, the Progression series components will be built by hand in our Arizona factory."

The Progression mono amplifier is projected to ship in the first quarter of 2016 with a price to be announced, and will be available in silver or black finish. The Progression mono amplifier will be followed by a stereo amplifier, a stereo preamp and a lifestyle amplifier similar to the Momentum Lifestyle MLife integrated amplifier/DAC/streamer.

At CES, the Progression mono amplifier will be shown on static display at the Dan D'Agostino Master Audio Systems room, Suite 30-122 at the Venetian Hotel.

I called Dan,  he was at ces, so Alexander sent me this email yesterday,                                                    HI Keith, 
The Progression Monos are $45,000 a pair. 
A Progression Stereo is a future project. Hasn't been started yet. 
-Alexander J Wilde
Hi infection,  I have known Dan since the krell days, Dan also talked to me about my current amplifier,  the modified krell 700cx before I had krell do the modification's at their factory,  which consist's of improved transistors,  capacitors,  and tweaked power supply,  the only one in the world,  according to what krell told me. 
sadly his gear is so overpriced now i couldn’t even consider purchasing especially amplifiers that blow up and fail a 1/3 power conditioning test that amplifiers 1/10 the cost pass with flying colours -less bling more substantial engineering thank you Dan - my original KSA 250 was bulletproof and relatively affordable -whats next Dan the $70 000 2 way stand mount speaker with scan speak drivers!
I should add that in Australia his gear is just so expensive that I can buy a Porsche car or his momentums hmmm tuff choice