Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
I just bought the Perfection steam cleaner at Walgreens. Since I was impatient, I tried it with filtered water on some records I didn't care about. Just blasted them with the steam and wiped with a nice thick microfiber auto detailing cloth from Target. Quick, simple, and more effective than my Nitty Gritty. Highly recommended.

One thing that bothered me was the nasty burning plastic chemical smell from the steam. We are all so worried about having the purest water, but in the end contamination from the plastic leaching nasty stuff into the steam is probably a bigger problem. The records sounded great, however.
Belyin: I regret mentioning that a run or two in the dish washer will greatly reduce that smell of plastic in the nozzel that is not imparted to the vinyl. Love the fact the records sound great ! Keep the The Revolution (that's a Beatle thing) going.
Belyin: I did reuse the Hot Shot ; no matter what caution I had with the fill-line, it still "S&S'ed" several times.
Crem, you are ate up with this steam cleaning thing.

Bravo, I admire your passion. My system is down for a move but I have this thread bookmarked and will be steaming when I am back up.
Herman: LPs are a blessed curse from the Audio Gods. They can sound like glass screaching across concrete or calm the beast within. As the 0&1 world of audio took off analog was shoved off into the corner. And why not? Records generally sound inferior to CDs koz of noise that you could "lower" but never really eliminate.

Steam Cleaning , done correctly can really help bring life into a LP. How much depends on the audio system & condition of the records just to name a few challenges. H, thanks for taking the time to give this thread a read.