Dimming extremely bright and annoying LEDs

Hi.

I have a line conditioner with awfully bright indicator LEDs. Any ideas, short of replacing them, on how to dim them some?

Thanks,

leo.
leoturetsky
Arcam: You sound like my business partner. He keeps preaching the same "LED's last forever" or "LED's never burn out", yet i keep replacing them or seeing them burned out on units coming in on a daily basis. While i know that newer technology LED's are lasting a LONG time, some do fail. This is besides the fact that some engineers don't know what they are doing and the LED's aren't being fed power in the most optimum manner. Sometimes it's not the parts' fault that it failed, but that of the engineer that doesn't know how to design proper support circuitry. Sean
>
The 'Sharpie' marker is best.
I have used a black marker and just put a "dot" in the visible center of the offending LED. It dramatically cuts the glare, yet allows one to see that it is still on.
If the dot does not quit do it, just make the dot a bit bigger.
A Q-tip with any solvent will wipe the dot right off.
Going inside any equipment is a bad idea if you still have a warranty.
Sorry Sean, I did not elaborate. I mean if used properly in a circuit it will last decades.
These are cheap computer grade line conditioners and are also annoyingly white. I just spray painted one of them black and it came out really nice. A beneficial side effect was that the LEDs are less bright because of the darker surrounding. I'm gonna give this some time because I might not have to do anything else. Thanks! leo.