DK Design Group X-Dream - wow

Has anybody seen the review on the DK Design Group X-Dream speakers?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/dkdesignsf7.htm

I better start saving up.
betterthencrack
Well, there you go, the X-Dream speaker system is aimed at the less than 2% of the audiophile community who can afford them. Makes perfect sense. Of course there are other $25k speakers out there, but Mr. Olson emphatically states that the DK's are THE best ever and forevermore! OK. Let me just cash in a goodly chunk of my retirement savings and I'll be placing my order.

Oh, 400lbs per speaker? Another $2,000 for shipping, and $500 to have some movers carry them into the house. Hmm, while I'm at it, guess I'll have to have an engineer and contractor over to the house to make sure that the floor of my living room won't crumple under the 800lbs of aluminum. Time to trade in our car and start biking to work and everywhere else for that matter, in order to generate funds for the renovations/structural improvements. Heck, maybe I should just have a dedicated room added to the rear of the house. Perhaps most people's residence will be able to handle such mass over a relatively small area???

Any idea if my 2Wpc tube amp will drive these superlative speakers? What about the 125Wpc solid-state amp I used to own? Are the speakers more suited to certain types of music than others? Oh right, the reviewer had to travel to the manufacturer's facility to listen to the speakers, where there was only one system available to demo them and only a CD sampler from another ultra-high-end manufacturer with which to assess these incredible speakers.

How many dealers are actually going to want to have these in stock? It is to be hoped that those that do will also provide decent medical coverage for their employees, the ones that will have to carry them out to the customers' Hummer or the store's truck for home delivery.

Sheesh... ;-)

I agree with Larry, let's give DK a chance. But first, I think DK needs to give itself a chance. An amplifier that was released as "better than $20 separates"--a claim made by a dealer whose address belonged to a school in Nevada-- and speakers that are apparently set to "take over the world" hardly allow the audiophile public to approach a level of intimacy with the product itself.

Exactly, Boa2. Whether intentional, or clumsy...or I daresay effective...DK Design creates a dust-up whenever news of one of their products hits the press; often having more to do with the circumstances of the write-up than the merit of the product itself. The quality of the products end up getting lost in the delivery of the message. Yet, here we are discussing a DK Design product.

Best wishes to Larry and the LSA Group! He and the boys can get the marketing boat pointed in the right direction.

Congratulations, Larry!

I hope that going forward the discussion of things DK will move to the level of class that you bring to these forums.
Thanks TVAD,
All anyone ever wants is a reasonable chance.
Having worked in the industry, I realize what an awesome responsibility it is to make good products then stand behind them correctly.
We want first quality products, and good customer relations. That will take us a long way toward some modicum of success.
The most interesting aspect for me is the unveiling of our new LSA's which I mentioned several months ago--it has taken all this time for me to finish them. This is not an easy business, and one should only be involved with it if it's your passion--but you must remember to treat it like a business.
I will bow out now as I have months of work to do in just days.
Thanks again TVAD& Howard.
Howard - you should know better than to try to make sense out of my posts. I was just bouncing off of the "three-ringed circus" theme established long ago by betterthencrack (or rather the respondants of BTC), and mentioned again here. Your post just gave me more fodder for the concept. Truly, per all my posts to these ridiculous DK threads, I've always respected Daniel's marketting savvy. As far as the actual products, I have no experience to speak of and no comments as far as performance or comparison. I'd certainly look forward to taking a listen some day. Congratulations to Larry and the LSA Group as what looks to me to be a good investment.

As far as my synical comments about "capitalism", hey, I'm under no illusions...we're all in the game, whether cogs in the wheel, or close to the hub.

Marco