DK Design Review

Strange silence on the recent DK Design review considering all the comments previously about this integrated.
emorawski
05-30-06: Johnrob
Most of Pathos amps utilize this design and does the BAT hybrid.
As does Consonance in the Forbidden City Calaf, and Blue Circle in the FtTH.
It makes sense that BAT offers a hybrid integrated since they design both solid state and tube preamps and amps. Blue Circle and Unison Research have hybrid integrateds too. I'm still surprised there aren't more.

Maybe it's because the decision to offer tube or solid state components takes a fundamentally different mindset from the standpoint of taste and preference. Maybe it's because the designers behind components like 47 Labs, Sun Audio, Channel Island Audio, Audio Mirror, Manley, deHavilland, Rogue Audio, First Sound, etc. build pieces that will present music the way THEY would want to hear it and that a hybrid design to them lacks the purity or compromises each extreme. I don't know, I'm just a ramblin'...man!
Bobf, I'll take it that you're a glass half empty kind of guy as opposed to a glass half full, since you chose to focus on the 'entry level' part of my 'entry into high end' comment. Just remember, it's your choice to take offense, since no offense was intended.

If you truely feel that the DK is the best that high end has to offer, you are very fortunate, as it will save you a lot of money. So rejoice, and enjoy the music.

84audio and Johnrob, congrats on your informative posts. They are an act of class from DK users. Perhaps if Audiogon is exposed to more knowledgable and experienced DK owners such as yourselves, DK's reputation can be revived. There is no doubt that LSA is more of a class act than DK was, so there is always hope.

Cheers,
John
John-Jmcgrogan,
The point I was trying to make was that I don't judge other peoples equiptment nor am I an expert on what the perfect sound is but I do know from many years of listening and concerts(various music)that saying this product is entry level is a tad pushing it.I have been fortunate enough to finally realize we don't need to spend huge $$ to have great sounding music(wish I figured this one out many years ago).This mine is better than yours thing is just really getting old,not that i'm saying you said that.Regards,Bob
Ellery, you mentioned something about how DK has over-the-top marketing for the X-Dream loudspeaker, but their own touting is nothing compared to what the reviewers are saying. Here is a quote from an actual review of the DK X-Dream speaker:

"I have to say that the X-Dream F7 loudspeaker system is the best that there is, the best that there ever was, and I suspect the best that there will ever be. It is the most impressive audio component I have ever experienced, and gets my vote for product of the decade."

What do you think other manufacturers in high-end audio would be doing if they got a review like that? I bet they would be touting it everywhere, in all their advertisements, and in all the magazines. Comparatively speaking, DK is being pretty laid back about it.