DNM Stereo speaker cables-experiences?

I recently am enjoying an experiment with DNM solid core speaker cables, the newest version. They are connected to LS3/5a speakers from a tube amp as single wire not bi-wire.

My questions; do these cables need to burn-in, or is that all a myth?

Do you think that these cheap cables can really compete with, say, Zu cables or Kimber cables for example, especially in the bass department. I'm finding them to be a bit 'wooden' overall, and a bit lacking in bass definition. It may be that I am being presented with a soundscape which is simply different (to my Kimber Monocles) and I'm comparing cables rather than enjoying music!

Your experiences appreciated.
sumaato
Gnobber, thanks for your input, especially about the bass on DNM cabling. My Stirling V2 LS3/5a speakers are 'shoebox' sized, thus bass limited. However, with the right components, the bass can be really surprisingly punchy and well-shaped. So far, the DNM speaker cables don't allow access to that arena of possibility, so I definitely lost a bit of potential nice bass quality. That's why I asked about break-in, hoping it might magically appear at some point. I think you are right....you probably need to have plenty of bass energy from your speakers in the first place, to make the trade-off worthwhile. Synergy, synergy.
I have used a pair of DNM ICs too for about 7 years and they are very good for the money, truly coherent and smooth with refined texture. And they are very light and flexible, so they would absolutely be a great choice for tight physical placements. (Sorry not to answer your question.)
My main cables are Stealth Indras.
(I need a bumper sticker: My other cables are Stealths...)
I have been using the DNM Stereo cables and HFTN IC's for sometime now. They replaced Crimson and Audio Consulting Solid Silver and Cryoed speaker wires. Everything that Mapman and Gnobber (cool moniker BTW) has written is spot on. Top to bottom coherence and very articulate bass. Music just flows from these cables as if they weren't even there. DNM has recently developed a speaker cable add-on version of the HFTN. The Speaker HFTN were designed to work with amps that are a feedback design. The science behind them is beyond me, but DNM is not into putting out produts wth out very extensive research. I haven't listened to the Speaker HFTN since my amp is a zero feeback design and not necessary. Contact a dealer and get a description of what they are about and maybe ask them for an in home audition.

Good-luck
It's a couple of weeks down the road, and I've done extended listening with DNM stereo speaker cables versus high end stranded cables.

I must say overall I prefer the sound of the DNMs. My initial thoughts were that something was lost in terms of frequency extremes and dynamics with DNM. That sounds correct when comparing to Kimber Monocles. However the musical and timbral attributes of the DNM are impossible to deny and these factors ended up being much more compelling to me.

The DNMs have a smooth coherent liquidity and are less fierce in both the bass and treble compared to the Monocles. The Monocles open a wider window in purely frequency response terms, are more exciting, but the DNMs offer me a smooth texture and soundstage evenness and a particular timbre that I keep coming back to. When they are in my system I stop listening to cables and just want to listen to the music, particularly classical music and jazz. I think the preferences are a lot to do with synergy and personal taste and one's expectations of what good hifi should offer. Or, maybe I'm getting old.....
FWIW, I like that DNM sells some expensive and highly regarded gear however they stick with their minimalist wire design. I'm sure these are highly profitable but I have no problem with that as long as they also seem to represent good and practical sound value compared to the more esoteric competition and the extraordinary price tags many other "high end" wires bear.