Do true audiophiles own Mcintosh gear

It seems like all the high-end dealers I have bought from or talked to think that Mcintosh is living on it's past reputation. The 2 stores that carry it locally are more mid-fi stores than high-end. I have a friend that swears by it but he hasn't listened to his Mcintosh in over 2 years. What do you think?
taters
Audia, points well taken...but test data as an ultimate indication of musicality? Plenty of gear measures well and still manages to fall short of accurate fidelity. Stepping back for a minute, I believe I mentioned that I thought well of the Mac stuff...I just don't feel it is all that great compared to other competitive products. Until you hear a bunch of other equipment over time under various circumstances, it is hard to understand what you are missing! All in all, synergy does go along way toward long term happiness. My time with the Mac gear was pleasurable and engaging for the most part. Over time however, I felt that recordings I new well had been served better via other amp/pre-amp combinations I have owned. Personal taste is everything..so...enjoy the amps your with...do do do do do do do do, do do do do do do do...do do do, do do do! (CSNY)
After reading all the responces I guess audiophiles do listen to Mcintosh. If you just talked to the dealers in Southern California you would never know that. I'm glad I started this thread. Now I'm interested in Auditioning some Mac tube gear.
Mac makes a wonderful tube integrated Taters, the MA2275; if going separates, I'd lean towards the MC275.
Taters;I have enjoyed reading this thread as well; please post your auditioning results and thoughts.