Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
Update on the SCIV's the bass was pretty good on their own. I did try adding a sub,However properly set up the sub did not add any bottom end just my it sound fuller? Next I tried moving the speakers closer to the back wall as I had read in an post somewhere that contray to popular belief the SCIV's benefit from this. Well I can safely say that closer to the back wall the SCIV's bottom end really came to life. The bass is nice and full just like when they were out further into the room about 2 to 3 feet from the rear wall just a lot more of it.Now with that being said I did put brass cones under the basses of the SCIV's Not sure I under the the concept behind the cones since the speakers are already off the floor due tothe attached bases they come with. With that being said I must say that the bass did clean up some with the cones as well there was an noticable improvement in midbass and treble they both sounded very clear out the gate but the cones make them sound a bit cleaner, This could be due to raising the speakers up closer to ear level more so than majic? also when I got the SCIV's they had some weird looking things attached to the back of them, I forget the name of what they are(I will check later on the name as I did get the paper work along with the paper work for the speakers)but the concept behind them is that they asorb the 1st order reflections from the cabniets allowing speakers to be placed close to the rear wall without getting the refelections. How true this is or isn't I don't know just wanting to paint the proper picture on my set up and the sound as I hear it.

I havent set them up along the long wall as of yet as I don't belive that I have the room to do so. On teh long wall the speakers would only be 4 to 6 feet from the listening position not sure if this would allow enough room for th edriver to blend? But I hear it would still improve th eoverall sound stage?
2cj, I suggest you study your manual if you received one. In my Duntech Princess owner manual John Dunlavy stated that factory frequency response measurements were made at a distance of 3 meters. This distance allowed the sound from the five drivers to converge properly at the mic. I can't imagine he would have taken measurements in any position other than one to achieve optimal performance.

If not exactly the same, I'm sure your SC-IVs have driver positions very similar to the Princess. I used 10' listening distance with my Princesses.
4-6' forget it, you need at least 8' and preferably more for proper driver integration.
Unsound are you saying forget the long wall altogether? Pryso I do have the manual. One tread I was reading said that the 3 meters is the arc of the speakers not straight forward from the speaker? Sounds like you guys are saying don't waste my time moving my basement around?
I agree, you need to be at least 8 to 10 feet away for the best driver integration (when you're listening from your listening seat, as opposed to elsewhere). Best not to movbe everything around, in my view.