Early 1970's rock: Name some of your favorites

I've been listening to a local FM station a little more recently and have been enjoying some of the "flashbacks" that they've been playing. I'm primarily talking about stuff from Bowie, Roxy Music, Velvet Underground and yes, even the Stones, etc...

As such, i thought it would be neat to dredge up the past and ask some of you to contribute a "few" of your favourite albums from this time. This might also help others find some "gems" that may have been overlooked. Just remember, we're talking early to mid 1970's, not your favourite rock albums of all time. Sean
>
sean
SIR LORD BALTIMORE!!!... That's some paint blistering testosterone laced rock candy goodness. During that time Budgie, Ursa Major (guys who went on to play on Lou Reed's R&R Animal), Dust, Uriah Heep (1st 3 records), Patto, Collosseum, Nova (Blink), Armegeddon (some ex Steamhammer guys) and A.F.T. (Automatic Fine Tuning) also helped to keep the buzz going. PFM/Cook and Focus/Moving Waves didn't hurt much either.
Somehow Spirit jumped into my head when I read the title to this thread. The 20-bit remaster of my fave Twelve Dreams of Dr.Sardonicus should be required listening for this group. "Nature's Way" was a minor hit. "Animal Zoo" and "Mr. Skin" also got air play. This album really captures some of what was going on back then.
Old Zappa (his best), Floyd, Tull's first few albums, early Yes, ELP, King Crimson, Strawbs, ect. Lots of stuff already covered above, great music to go back to, especially on vinyl. Now you've done it. Ok, great, Im not going to get anything done today.
Sean; I must have been in a coma or doing hard time during this period-- or most likely into C/W. Thank God CCR made it into the early 70s. Cheers. Craig
I'm surprised at all the Progressive rock entries on this thread.Cool ! IMHO the best rock was from the mid 60's to the early 70's starting with Psychedlic,evolving to Prog.ArtRock,Glam,Hard rock and The real Blues rock jam Bands etc.Great times.and Progressive and Psych are still going big time though still underground meaning no or very little airplay.I wish the classic rock stations would play non hit cuts instead of the same old Stairway to Freebird Dark side cuts.How about the rest of the songs on the Doors 1st album besides Light my Fire?How many of you would listen to the radio more if if was like the early days of then underground FM radio?