Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
A dozen bidders already.
The 2.0 in good shape sell for $800 - $1000 without the pump system.
This one is at $660 already. That is $814 in Cdn dollars. 

Pegasus
This is the reflex thought that I heard often,

When people come over if interested in the turntable. I let them feel the tonearm - without air.  They see how much movement there is (nothing without force). I tell them wait a second and go turn on the air.

Try it again. I say.
They move the spindle in and out again with the air on. It actually "freaks" a few of them out.    "Holy crap"  "Holy shite" common language heard.

$1805!!! My bid wasn’t good enough. I wanted that manifold, damn it! 😥
I wanted that manifold, damn it!

If one considers how a airplane takes off, goes up, and stays in the air, as a kind of magic.... then there is real magic happening inside this ET 2 manifold.

Unlike "hybrid" air bearing tonearms, which use an air bearing in one plane, but need a mechanical (other) bearing in the other plane to work properly, this ET 2 is a full 360 air bearing.

One of the Holy Craps in my previous post came from an Ontario Kuzma Airline owner, when he commented on the smoothness of the bearing. A Rockport tonearm owner on this forum, called the ET2 bearing "slippery" in comparison.

Just saying. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

$1805 US dollars = $2222 Canadian dollars :^(