Esoteric's G-03x Master Clock Generator

Hi guys,

Anyone here by chance tried these on their esoteric cd player ?

is it worth paying $4,000 fr this device ?

What improvements can be brought about with this unit ?

Thinking of this for use with the X-03 SE in the future.

Does high quality BNC digital cable make an audible difference ?

Thanks for inputs.

Noli
nolitan
Hermanz3, I would suggest first contacting Esoteric directly to find out whether the G-03X clock would actually offer an improvement to the K-01's internal clock circuit. They have the clock specs for every one of their products and it is therefore pretty simple to determine if it would make a significant difference when mated to the K-01. Enjoy your K-01, I hear that it is an exceptional piece of gear!
Never seen a G03 in use, but I'm intrigued by it and G25. Can they be used in this fashion? Coax out from a Touch and into the G03 or G25, reclocked and AES out to a DAC?

Been looking at the rear panel of the G25 and has coax inputs and AES outputs, apart from the word out.

I want to buy a DAC, and clocking is a significant matter, it seems.

Thanks!
.....I will bump this one again. Looking at purchasing the G-03x Esoteric clock. I should have it in my system by next week which includes the P-05 / D-05. I am buying on reviews and what others have said, in that it does improve the overall sound. I agree and don't agree with Audiofeil's assesement....I added a Nirvana BNC Cable between the dac and transport and there was a sonic improvement - more clarity / more resolution. I spoke with Esoteric and they said if you heard that, then magnify that improvement 2 fold, 3 fold and that's what a G-03x will do. I will purchasing a year old clock from a dealer who is taking it in trade towards the flagship Esoteric clock......so, I am puting down some money but not the full shot so that also helps with the decision. But, I have heard they do make a difference and will comment once it gets in the system.
I have the G25u, X03SE and the Berkeley Dac. I use the G25u to clock the X03 (used for sacd mostly) and the improvement with the clock was, to me, significent. Less on redbook. I also use the G25u to upsample and clock an ESI Juli@/PCWin7/JRiver which goes into the Berkeley and the improvement the G25u made on the Juli@ was staggering. I upsample to 192k and it is breathtaking.
......I just purchased a used Esoteric G-03x from an authorized dealer to compliment my Esoteric P-05 - D-05 set up. It has been in my system from about 2 days now......all I can say is ; '' eeehhhhhh ''. If I had paid full price or even a new one with a nice dealer friendly discount, I would be real pissed off right about now. No great shakes from my end.....