Father's Day For An Audiophile

Have any of you ever received an audiophile component as a gift for any holiday, or as a birthday present? Before I got married, my girlfriends knew that I was nuts about stereo equipment. After I got married, my wife and now grown kids knew of my love for stereo equipment because they had to live with it. All of my siblings know of my love of stereo equipment. Yet, I've never gotten a piece of audio equipment as a present.
128x128mitch4t
The only audio related item I got gifted was music. I've got an LP or two (pre-CD era) and a few CDs from my direct family, but they were all at my recommendation. I've bought my wife several CDs over the years, but has she ever bought me one, nooooo.
Bif and Pmotz, no soup for you.

Nope...music doesn't count.

The gift has got to be something that you have to plug into the wall.
No, because I would rather my kids save their money for more important things like food and rent. I would rather they come over and cut my grass or rake the leaves. That is a GREAT present for me.
Stereo5, the kids paying their rent and buying food is an important thing. If they come over and rake the leaves and cut the grass, that's a very nice present also. However, all things being equal, if a friend or family member should show up at my door with an Audio Research Reference Reference 5SE gift wrapped, I believe I'd be just as happy as you'd be having your leaves raked. Of course, yours would be the better gift, since the sound of raked leaves would be live....and I'd only be listening to recordings through my preamp. Also, the audiophile gifting is not limited to your kids. Spouses, friends and other family members certainly qualify to give an audiophile gift.
No, I've never gotten any audio gear as a present. I did get a camera for my 35th birthday but gee, I paid the credit card bill so was that really a gift from my wife? And I did get a watch for my 50th but I seem to recall I paid for that too.