FM static?

For years I've enjoyed pretty decent FM reception. Recently I've been hearing static along with my music. This is most noticible during typical day/evening hours and a bit less so during the wee moring hours. I haven't added or changed any new electronics to my home since this happened. My other source works fine. I tried alternating between a Denon TU-800 and a Denon TU 680-NAB with the same results. This is most dissapointing. I called the FCC to find out if the local Broadcasters applied for any changes. That was a complete bust, after a fairly lengthy process, the FCC offered absolutely no help and suggested I call each and every broadcaster that my tuners pick up. Ha! I called the local utility company this morning, they said they would look into it. I haven't heard anything as yet, but it really hasn't been that long since I called. What gives? What can I do? BTW, I've never recieved very good over the air TV reception here.
unsound
I'll try a new cable and maybe another antenna.
The stations I listen to most, have been transmitting both analog and digital prior to the time that the static appeared. Both tuners are reputed to have circuitry though different: Denon TU-800; Postdetection Filter, Denon TU-680NAB; Walsh-Function decoder, that is supposedly immune to "HD Self-Noise".
Describe the "static". Is it a crackling sound, or is there a radio broadcast, music or talk, breaking in?
You might find a nearby ham radio operator to help you out. They are very careful not to cause problems and have a bag of tricks that can eliminate them if they do occur.
Unsound?

Have you tried power conditioning? I recently switched from a cheap Monster power strip to an APC H-10, and I was very surprised at how much quieter my FM got. I'd always had varying amounts of noise depending on the station; I thought the noise was coming in via the antenna, but it turns out it was line noise.

David