Forgiving, musical speaker....

Seeking something similiar to Vandy 1 or original Meadowlark Kestrals...basically a speaker that has a fair amount of soundstage depth but too detached or polite for classic rock...going used...so the m oí re suggestions the better...older PSB?
128x128phasecorrect

09-06-12: Rose75
How about Ohm Walsh?
Another great choice for the same reason as the Mirage OMD15. For performance for the dollar, I have to give the nod to the Mirage OMD-15 and 28, which in performance are equivalent to the Ohm 2000/3000 and Ohm 5000, respectively. However, those Mirages are $800 and $2600/pair, which is a lot less money than the equivalent Ohms.

Original prices would have made it more of a dead heat as the OMD 15 and 28 were originally $2500 and $7500, but at $800 and $2600, to me it's a no-brainer. And I say this as a 4-year OMD-15 owner.
Vienna Acoustics-Bach Grand. The midrange is as good as it gets considering the $1k used price point. They do need a quality 100 w/ch or > ss power amp to reach their potential. If I ever consider a 2nd system these are at the top of my list!
You might give old Snells a try. I did and am very satisfied. Definitely musical and forgiving. I started with K/IIs, now have J/IIs (and a pair of Ks for my office on the way). If you happen to live in Illinois, there's a super nice looking pair of E/IIs for sale on that auction site, local pickup only.