Freezer Cryoed Cables...

Hi all, you can get about the effect as Cryoed treatments by putting your cables or components in the Freezer for 24 hours and then put them in the refrigerator for one or two hours.........this REALLY works!!! Try this with the cables you have now.......Try this for yourself and see if you "hear a difference"............Richard
rpatrick
I can tell you from experience freezing your cables will make a change. If your cables are made of metal they will be altered slightly simply by putting them in a freezer. I deal with this at work all winter long, people park there car's outside and it gets cold the wheels/steel in the tire shrinks just a little bit and I see a TON of slow leaks coming in. I bet its happened to some people here. Not to mention the insulation being slightly effected(obviously it would vary depending on the dielectric that's used) I have no clue how this would change the sound but from my real world experience with a little lower temperature I have no doubts that it will alter the sound for a little while. I suspect it has less to do with altering the metal and more to do with the dielectric being further away from the wire(because when metal is even 0ÂșC it has shrinkage) the colder you go(with in reason) the more shrinkage you experience thus allowing more air to function as the dielectric. So I suppose I do buy this, though it clearly isn't permanent and I would hardly call "cryoed" it seems possible to change the sound.

Any one have any thoughts on my theory of how this possibly could work? In my world it kind of makes sense.
I believe this has some merit, as I've had a similar experience. My ex-wife fell asleep next to my stereo one time, effectively cryoing the entire system. I'm pretty sure it sounded better afterwards. Like 4 months later in a different listening room in a different house, by myself. Yep, sounds a lot better now. Cryoing really works.
Hi all, If you freeze your componets or cables for 48 hours it has a even better effect, here's how you do it, put a component or cable in two trash bags and put them in the freezer for 24 hours then put it in the refrigerator for 24 hours then put it back in the freezer for another 24 hours then put back in the refrigerator for another 24 hours then put in the coldest part of your house for 24 hours then hook everything back up and enjoy!........Richard
Come on, give this tweak a try, It will make a BELIEVER out of YOU too!!!...........Richard