Getting and keeping records clean................

Hello,

I have my turntable on the way and my vinyl collection growing weekly. I am thinking I will need to get a record cleaning machine to enjoy vinyl to its full potential. What RCM are recommended by you? Is it possible to clean records by hand effectively? I wonder if I can clean my collection by hand now with disc doctor or similar and brushes? I plan on getting a record cleaning machine but it will probably take a little while before I can swing the dough for one. Any help would be greatly appreciated such as which cleaning solution to use and brushes and their source. Thanks again.
nicksgem10s
Got my Record Doctor at Audio Advisor a long time ago. Record Doctors' were made by Nitty Gritty, pretty much identical to their higher end model minus the wood paneling for 1/2 the cost. Just chk'd real quick and while AA still sells NG, it seems like there's NO RD's still available.
I bought a KAB USA EV-1 a few years ago. It's basically a Nitty Gritty without an internal vacuum; attach your own. Costs about $170 or so.
"SSo, has the steam cleaning craze faded?"

Not for me. I first start with a steamer to loosen up any debris on the record. Then do my cleaning on a VPI 16.6. Then finish it off with a steam rinse.