great musician's audio systems

A Naim dealer recently told me that Charlie Haden (bassist for Ornette Coleman in early 60's) had an all Naim rig with a Linn TT. I know for sure that Keith Richards and Ron Carter both own Tetra speakers (the manufacturer lets that be easily known). I have been curious if any of my fellow audiophiles might know what the audio systems of other great musicians were like. And if anyone knows of past musican's rigs (Pablo Casals, Jimi Hendrix, whatever) this should be a very interesting discussion indeed.
chashmal
Before he moved back to New York, Andrew Litton was part of my music group that meets every Tuesday.

Andrew listens to classical, Jazz and vocals on his Clearaudio turntable with Graham arm, Conrad Johnson ART preamp and phono, Wolcott monos, B&W speakers and Purist Audio wire.

He also plays master DAT tapes pulled off the board when making records for Delos or concerts with the Dallas Symphony.

I can't remember the model number of the B&W speakers but they are very large, probably 6 feet tall, an older model.
Andrew Litton is from New York, but I thought he recently took on responsobilities as a music director of Bergen Philharmonic in Norway. I heard this orchestra under Litton several months ago. they performed Shostakovich's 5th Symphony in Carnegie Hall. he's a good conductor by the way. I didn't know he was also an audiophile.
That's cool.
Audphile1, yes he's quite an addict when it comes to audio. I visited Andrew in Westchester area of New York months ago to help him with his system. He loves tubes but does not own a tester nor is he comfortable swapping stuff out.

His turntable was also out of adjustment from the trip from Texas to New York, so I made that right too. Andrew has quite a few obligations in Europe, he says his 911 Porsche (40th birthday present to himself) was paid for by European audiences while he was conductor for The Dallas Symphony.

He is a VERY nice person and blessed with a beautiful wife from the UK and two beautiful children. I miss him a great deal, he loved Jazz and female Jazz vocalists like Ella and we listened together whenever he wasn't obligated to some social event, which was most of the time it seems.

Frankly I think Dallas screwed up not giving him the raise he ask for, we have another conductor but I don't think he's as talented. It seems politics is always screwing up art.
I don't mean to swing off topic. I just wanted to add, that when I attened that concert in Carnegie Hall, I left with a very positive impression about Litton. He is one of the very emotional conductors I have seen. He is a complete opposite of Maazel, who is like a stone on stage.
Litton is very good. I can see how Dallas screwed up by not keeping him. But I think Bergen Orchestra is far more greatful to Litton and he will bring the overall level of that up by quiet a bit. I'm keeping an eye on how that is going. I'd really love to see him suceed Jarvi in NJ when Jarvi leaves. I think their style is very similar.

OK, sorry for the off topic rant.
Listed users of Jeff Rowland Design Group, per the Colorado Springs Gazette in 2005:

Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits
Taiwanese violin virtuoso Cho-Liang Lin
Drummer Danny Carey of Tool