Grills ON or Grills OFF?

With my Signature S2s, I prefer to listen with the grills on. Even though the highs are ever so slightly rolled off (which, with this speaker is not necessarily a bad thing), the dispersion and the ability of the speakers to disappear is better. Plus, I like the protection factor. How do you conduct your listening sessions, and why?
danoroo
Grills are one of the greatest banes of the audio industry. Case in point, I heard the Goldenear Triton speaker recently, what a disapppointment; the plastic grill and grill cloth are major impediments to performance. Just terrible decision in terms of sonics. It was one of the reasons I chose to not review it. I can hardly imagine a worse decision in terms of sound than to put plastic framework and fabric over drivers.

I have never heard a speaker sound superior with a grill on. If it does, then you have a problem elsewhere in your rig that you are masking with the grill, imo.

It's gotten to the point where speakers like Vandersteen I now consider significantly compromised due to the grill material messing with the wave coming off the drivers. :(
I think Paradigm makes thier speakers to sound best with grills on.My Studio 100s v.2 used to sound best with grills on.I would say ,what sounds best to you is correct.
I leave the grills on my Revel F-32's. I can't hear the slightest difference either way.