Guilty Pleasures

garfish’s recent thread on c/w music brought to mind the “guilty pleasures” admissions recently submitted by TAS writers and reviewers. a “guilty pleasure,” roughly speaking, is a musical selection one adores but plays only in secret, fearing its publication as an audiophile’s favorite might elicit ridicule or, at least, laughter. so, fellow a-goners, are you willing to confess to a couple of your guilty pleasures? I’ll start with two and add others if this thread gets going: (1) “not for kids only,” j. garcia & d. grisman; (2) ‘the little mermaid,” OST.
cornfedboy
Don't ya' just love it when one of your freinds/or visiting relatives is flipping thru the albums,picking some of those old ones,holding them up in a crowded living room,"What's this?"/"with no place to hide."
Great topic Cornfedboy. Most of my guilty pleasures came from listening to my parents music as a child. The Browns, Mills Bros, Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton, Johnny Rivers and a few more that I am too embaressed to share. Although I do not consider Tom waits a guilty pleasure, I am made to feel that way (r u reading this Jctubes) from neighbors and some of my audio buddies. Hows your head Dekay? Avguygeorge, when someone asks me "whats this?"/"with no place to hide" I say it's my girlfriends.
Yeah, my wife and I have our own guilty pleasure music. Buster Poindexter... "Who Through the Whiskey in the Well" is great.
That is wierd cornfed. did you know that "Alien's ate my Buick" has been out of print for several years. Some times you can find it as an import, or it is ALWAYS at used CD stores for around $3. The cheapest audiophile like CD I have ever purchased. Though my favorite is "Astronauts & Heritcs" My favorite song is "Silk Pyjamas", but what a line up on Astronauts. It features Eddie Reader, Eddie Van Halen, Karry Treadwell, Bob Weir(which I believe was mentioned on the best guitar thread) and Jerry Garcia. ENJOY!
Sometimes I like the Stones "trippy" stuff, like , "She's a Rainbow", "Child of the Moon", "Dandelion", "Cool Calm Collected", "2000 Light Years From Home", Mother's Little Helper", "Play With Fire", and my favorite "Ruby Tuesday". Also, anything by Hank Snow, (my dad used to play Hank a lot when I was between two and eight years old, so it's somewhere deep in my subconscience)