Has anyoe had problems using the mint LP tractor

I have just spent about 2 or 3 hours trying to reset my cartridge using my newly acquired Mint LP Tractor and quite frankly I have found the whole experience very frustrating. I have put it down to inexperience on my part and aging eyesight........... surely I can't be the only person who has experienced difficulties, although reading the various threads here on the tractor it's beginning to look like I am!!! I intend having another attempt in a day or so, in the meantime any advice from the 'professionals' would be welcome.
wes4390
I had to use additioanl magnifying glasses and a different loupe from the Peake loupe I got through Mint, in order to get the focusing distance right, and a stong light that can be precisely positioned is needed. I think Mint supplied a 3x glass, but I also needed a 5x to see things properly at one step; and the loupe from Yip was shaped in a way that it couldn't be positioned at the correct focusing distance with my Grado cartridge (the cartridge body got in the way, this wouldn't be an issue with something like a Lyra). The problem is my aging eyes, not the Mint, but one tends to accumulate magnifying lenes as the eyes lose the ability to focus, so I had what I needed at hand. In the end, the sonic improvement was striking.
It toook me some time to get the hang of it. Lots of eye-strain. As Yip advices, patience and rest are very important as well as excellent lighting. I set my turntable on a desk right next to a window with bright northern light. My revelation came when I realized that to get the cantilever parallel to and between the lines at the two null points, it was a matter of rotating the cartridge in the headshell ie. zenith or off-set angle and NOT azimuth. After I figured this out, everything lined up perfectly with a degree of precision that is incredible. The improvement in sound - details, air, and bass definition - were well worth the $110 and set-up frustrations. It is a wonderful tool and definately the best bang for the buck I have ever spent on my system. Very highly recommended.
Peter
Thanks for the comments...................as I suspected my inexperience and poor eyesight!! I will let you know how I get on after my next attempt.
Hi Wes, I also had trouble seeing the line at first and the parallax lines with the loupe. I then went to Lowe's and bought a quartz light on a stand that can be adjusted similar to a dentist's light and it could be folded down, side to side etc., and it lit up the platter and protractor beautifully. With this light I could see satisfactorily and had no other problems.
Best wishes.
Carter
With regard to the parallax lines, I was able to see them best when illuminated from *behind* the cart. (I have a halogen desk light which I can aim in any direction--very helpful.) I would humbly recommend using the 3x magnifier and eyeballing pretty low and head-on.