Has anyoe had problems using the mint LP tractor

I have just spent about 2 or 3 hours trying to reset my cartridge using my newly acquired Mint LP Tractor and quite frankly I have found the whole experience very frustrating. I have put it down to inexperience on my part and aging eyesight........... surely I can't be the only person who has experienced difficulties, although reading the various threads here on the tractor it's beginning to look like I am!!! I intend having another attempt in a day or so, in the meantime any advice from the 'professionals' would be welcome.
wes4390
Nice tool Emailist. As my presbyopia creeps with age such a tool will become valuable for this kind of work.

Jimjoyce25,

yes, the lines are smaller. This is why the MintLP is different from any other arc protractor. The finer the lines, the more precise the target. Aligning to a more precise location (stay between the lines. the lines are our friends.)is what results in the increase in performance all of us get with this tool.
gurney,

I have found the Graham jig to be fairly off compared to what the mint unit gave me. Anyone else.
Emailists - After listening to your Phantom as set up with the Graham jig, did the set-up with the Mint LP produce a significantly better sound or no significant difference? Thanks.
I understand that the lines are finer. But are they really so small that someone with normal (or normal corrected) vision will have a problem with them?
I have the Phantom and the Mint alignment guage did make quite a positive difference in sound as I am sure with the slightly better Wally alignment tool.

For me mainly in clarity and lack of distortion in the last 3rd of an LP.

The Phantom jig gets you 98% there, but that last 2% is pretty important IMO.