Has anyone listened to Legacy speakers?

I have seen several ads. and read bits and pieces of info. from Legacy. However, being in the military I haven't had the chance to make it to a show to listen to these speakers. I would like to hear your comments, good or bad. I believe my ears will make the final determination, but are they worth giving a listen? Thanks.
limabean683
WHen my musical tastes started changing away from mostly rock, I went from the Legacy Focus20/20 to the Whispers. It was about midway through my my "Whisper Stage" (apx 18 mos.) that I also went from SS(McCormack DNA-500) to tube (VAC Phi 300.1) amplification, having always used a tubed preamp). I found that the tubes gradually made me search for even more resolution and better imaging as my musical preferences continued to broaden yet my expectations continued to rise.
I then got introduced to Von Schweickert speakers and now my speaker journey is over, at least for the forseeable future. I had to pay a LOT more money to get that extra performance I was after. I guess my point here is that the Whispers shouldn't be ignored by those wishing to upgrade from the Focus - they are also excellent speakers and better than most people realize. The weakest part during my ownership was the Steridian equalization box, but I believe that has been resolved by Legacy with a new 3rd-party piece. Hope this helps your decision-making.

P.S. - I still have my 20/20's - they are now being used as rear speakers for my home theater.
what you just explained is the major reason why legacy is a
good midrange speaker but can never be anything more for the Xover components IMO are at best average Solen capacitors is nothing to brag about = to a ford focus in a car, cabinets nothing special as to their design ,no magico, and the drivers average at best Eton ,the tweeter Noname brand probably Taiwan, a solid mid range perfomer Newer companys such as the Vapor Cirrus or Salk soundscape are far more refined with much better quality drivers and parts and still avoid the 50% dealers markup.I also keep this in mind when purchasing and great customer services I have both so know first hand and have been in audio for some 30 years and spent more than a home on Hifi.I have heard most everything out there and Only comment on what I have heard
first hand.
Audioman....you may want to listen to the current stuff coming from Legacy and your perspective may change.....drastically.....
Yes the Legacy's have really improved. Mr. Duddleston's work with the Xilica crossover is a game changer. Whisper, Helix, and the new Aeris, don't ave to apologize to anyone.
I couldn"t agree more with Sgr.& ,Cutler.
Bill Duddleston is a true visionary and what you listen to now will no doubt be different in two years down the road.
Anyone who thinks room correction is fad is only kidding themselves.
I have said this before and can't stress enough on the importance of having the speakers dialled to the room by a qualified tech.
Yes you can attempt it and Legacy will help get you there but the anguish is not worth the effort.
The techs do this on regular basis compared to the audiophile doing it once maybe twice.
I like the car analogy.... who would even attempt doing a tuneup on current model car without the proper engine analysis equipment?
IMHO room correction is no different.
How many cars are not using sophisticated electronic controls?None
As for tubes been there done that and not going back having had the pleasure of experiencing Coda's new 7X.
Pound for pound dollar for dollar there simply aren't many better values than lLegacy period!