help narrowing down my list of speakers, $2500

Hi, I will be buying some speakers shortly. I will have them paired with an Odyssey dual mono amp (plenty of power), Tempest (Odyssey) preamp, Ridge Street Audio interconnects and speaker cable, and an Audio Aero Prima cd player. Also I will be adding a sub soon, so bass shouldent be the deciding factor here. I have a small room (12' x 12') and my budget is $2500. I went to listen to some B&W's at the dealer and like what I heard from the Naut. 804's. Wide soundstage, clear, detailed, musical. Im looking for speakers like that. I usually listen to rock (old and new) so I want speakers that can handel that. My choices so far are:
-Dynaudio
-Vandersteen
-Avalon
-Totem
-Sonus Faber
-Aerial Acoustics
-Dali
-Merlin
-Silverline
-Vienna
-Spendor
-Tyler Acoustics
-B&W
-PMC OB-1

Any you think I should add to that list? Suggestions on what to take off? Thanks

-Jamie
jamiec001
Just so you know (this will sound stupid, because its something everyone wants) I want the most "real" sound I can get for my rock. A speaker with great seperation and depth. One that will grip my soul (emotionally involving)
I have a speaker for you to checkout. It's a bit more than the $2500 but you may get lucky and find a pair at a discount or used. It's called the Genelec HT208B. It is already actively biamped. So you do not need the amplifier(you could sell yours). Just hook up your preamp or cd player with volume control and you are ready. It has all sorts of adjustments on the rear.It can be tweaked to sound good in nearly any room because of this.This speaker can hit 120db peaks. It has a 120 watt amplifier for the 8 inch driver and a 120 watt amplifier for the 1 inch tweeter. Don't let the HT fool you. A friend and I including the dealer listened to this speaker up against dynaudio 1.4SE hooked up to MC1201s( Mcintosh 1200 wpc monoblocks). The Genelecs spanked that ass!! I believe they retail for $4800.00 a pair. This is the brand used in many recording studios. The sound is uncoloured, precise and the soundstage is huge!!Rock sounded absolutely fabulous on these speakers. Come to think of it everything did. Hunt them down and have a listen before you narrow your choices down.

Good Luck!
If you could get a pair of the Aerial Acoustics 7b's at your price I would jump on them.
Also, Von Schweikert and Tyler Acoustics would be a good choice, among others.
Best Regards
You may be missing the best of the bunch: Focus Audio FS688. List $2990 but can be had for around $2500.

An article in YK Audio in Hong Kong stated they thought they were possibly the best bookshelf speaker ever made.
Hmm, I was really looking at floorstanders. As for those bi-amped speakers, no thanks. I like being able to alter the sound of the speakers by using different amps, that part of the fun of audio.

-Jamie