High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
special no resistance breakers
Wow, no resistance breakers!!!! I gotta get me some o 'dem to use in my perpetual motion machine ;-) Oh, wait, the cost for the liquid helium to maintain the breakers at the -400 degrees F (yes, -4 hundred F) temps necessary for the phenomenon of superconduction (no resistance) would make that perpetual motion machine not economically viable. Bummer :-( Of course, since DD can afford a full loom of HF cables, the cost of all of that liquid helium would be of no consequence :-) Gotta pay the price to live on the bleeding edge ;-
@ddraudt. Thanks for your response. I'm having some more people come and listen in a couple of weeks. Of course I'm in dallas so if you are up this way you are welcome. @ other folks If some are up this way if I'm available on the weekends. I will let people come take a listen. I don't mind for the most part. I want people to experience what the cables and equipment do together. I started on this journey 6 years ago and I've been blessed to hear some great gear. People come to this thread and others to find out what is good and what is not. We want the best sound possible. I've heard stuff I can't afford raidho d5 and stuff I can afford revel studio 2. I like to hear the best stuff and figure out ways to get there. I remember my first nice speaker the martin logan vantage. It went up from there.lol. I remember a guy trying to sell me expensive hdmi cables. Lol and how I ripped him a new one for trying. Then I started trying audio cables and they typically got a little better as I paid a little more. I tried cables for about 4 years then I tried high fidelity then I tried the better ones up the high fidelity chain. They got better and better. I have changed equipment and I might even decide to downsize my equipment now. However, my cables will stay. Everyone do what suits you. It might not make sense to anyone else but do what makes you happy. If you can afford it. Do it. If you can't do cheaper. Just enjoy your system. You will spend more time with it than anyone else. I post on this thread because the music makes me happy. I remember earlier this year when I acted like a 5 year old on this thread. There are times when it got nasty and there are times when I laughed my butt off. I call it how I see it. I haven't changed my cable brand choice for 2 years which is amazing for me. Lol. Others brands are good but this one does it for me. Find a way to listen to whatever you can. If you got cables you like stay with them. I'm looking at the trend here the last 5 or 6 days here and all I hear is blah blah blah. The thread is now all about saying that this person is a secret agent and I'm going to ride a white horse and expose them. It all makes me realize why I started this journey in the first place. I did it for hearing the music in the realist sounding form possible. I get clarity, soundstage, natural timbre, speed, excellent highs,Mids and tight bass. I get great sounding voices. I feel like I'm there. One thing about this hobby is no two people have the same system in the same room. Get there for yourself. Don't let other people tell you what you like and don't like. Don't let others distract from the music. I listen to music. If I want an expose I watch 20/20 or dateline nbc. I like jazz, blues, country, rock and great voices. I'm going to get back to the music. Everyone please remember why you started in this hobby in the first place. Enjoy whatever you have and can afford. All I know is I recommend high fidelity to anyone looking for great sound. I'm turning the channel off and the music on right now. Come listen with me I invite you just don't talk about the show you just watched while the music is on. Enjoy.
Happy Holidays to all regardless of what equipment you use.
BTW; I just received "Midnight Sugar" by Yamamoto, Tsuyoshi Trio and three of their other CD's. I'm listening to Midnight Sugar right now and all I can say is Wow! A very good trio and well recorded, dynamic CD.
Best regards,
@lak that's what I'm talking about. The music on that cd is intoxicating. It is a ealy great recording. My revel studio2 and my high fidelity ultimates plugged in to the arc ref3 give this recording snap, drive and musicality that is off the charts. I like to hear about audiophiles enjoying the music and turning off the background noise. That is a great trio and recording. Very high quality. I'm out in Houston but I can't wait to get back home to fire my system up. I will post another suggestion soon.
@lak I have 2 suggestions for you. One is called "Two Shade" by Gerald Clayton. The other is called "Alive" by Hiromi. These are two really good albums. The other piano album I suggest is called "saturday morning" by ahmad Jamal. He is 85 years old and has been recording for 60 plus years. This last cd is smoking. Lol. Give it a try. This material with the high fidelity ultimates you have will be complete ear candy.