High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
After several attempts to allow HFC cables a proper break-in...mostly due to HFC model upgrades, I am pleased to proclaim my system is sounding more musical than ever. I have a combination of HFC UR interconnects, Hidiamond speaker cable and power cords, plus an HFC URR power cord feeding the conditioner. Lower noise floor, better extension, excellent and non-exaggerated imaging/staging...and plainly, less colored throughout.

That being said, I share the sentiment of some, who feel the unrelenting barrage of superlatives by the daily crowd is not merely tawdry, but suspicious. These cables, in my opinion do not require iterated and re-iterated laudations from the same 5 or 6 members. I mean we get it. You love em...can't and will never wire with anything else. I get it. I can see comments when upgrading, but reports of another night of bliss? Does begin to smell.

The discussion on price is another story. All the wires I have bought have been on the used market for substantially less than retail. Sabai, I do not know if your home-constructed cables perform as well as, or better than HFC...you'll never know until you try a set...so what's up with the attempt to disparage a product you are inexperienced with? I personally am blown away at how well my system sounds with these cables, but I do not feel compelled to convert anyone, nor do I know how well they might perform in other systems.

I do wish the gushing would end. It detracts from the substance and leads me, and apparently others to believe an on-going loop of marketing has intruded upon this thread.

+1

I have a Hidiamond loom and just ordered CT1-E digital cable and a set of ICs. Based on the repeated claims on this thread as CT-1 being 10x times better than other cables and CT-1E being 10x times better than CT-1, I fully expect my system will sound 100x times better when my CT1-E's arrive (over my current HD XLR3 and digital reference cable).
@lak if you are ever up this way let me know. You are welcome to listen to my system.
@ddraudt I'm going to try a few tweaks in a couple of weeks to see if I can get a little bit more out of my system. My revel studio 2 have started to open up. The bass drivers are starting to move a little better the high fidelity have settled in nicely as well. They mate pretty good with my resonessence dac. @lak what source do you use. @jazzonthehudson what source are you using.
Anyway everyone enjoy the journey when you find something you like tell us as much as you want. Share your enthusiasm about your equipment, cables and music. This hobby usually pulls you way to deep in one direction or the other. When you finally reach the place you are seeking be happy and share you mountain climbing experience. Experiences on equipment or product I enjoy. Opinions on who should say what and how many times they say it doesn't help the people who are interested in improving the systems they have. But speak your mind anyone. If I want a steak from a resteraunt I want the opinions of the people who actually ate there. If you have ate there tell me how much you liked it I won't stop you. Your system is like a potion you can always change it to see what you can get. Enjoy your music. Trust your own ears.
There are 3 matters on the table.

1. Sound quality. This is not a competition between my cables and HF cables. Magnetic cables perform very well when the configuration is right. You can make your own magnetic cables that may surprise you.

2. Price. The price of some cables is in the stratosphere. If you can afford the price then go for them. But there may be attractive alternatives -- for a small fraction of the cost of high-priced cables.

3. Marketing. IMO, there are suspect things going on in this thread that I and others have observed. I believe I have made my point very clearly.