High value, high efficiency speakers for SET amps

Hi, Gang,
I know that some of what I want to discuss here has been dealt with in other threads, some of them quite old, but I wanted to see if any of you fine, knowledgable folks are willing to help update and consolidate some of this info in a more current thread.
I am currently running my new Audio Note Kit 1 300B SET amp with a pair of Reference 3A De Capo speakers. I think it's a fine pairing and I am really enjoying what the 300B SET experience brings to the table in terms of musicality and emotional connection.
Still the De Capo, while supposedly an easy load due to its crossover-less design (only 1 cap on the tweeter with the mid-woofer directly coupled to the amp), is "only" rated at 92 db efficient, and based on the most recent Canadian NRC specs, that rating may be optimistic.
So, I am toying with the idea of trying a pair of more efficient, deliberately SET-friendly speakers in my rig, something that might also play lower and with greater dynamic swing than the De Capo's. Note that the De Capo's have served me well and I am very fond of them, but I can't help but wonder if my lovely Kit 1 would shine even better coupled to a VERY easy to drive speaker.
Devore and Audio Note are obvious options - the O/96 looks really tasty. Unfortunately, both of those choices are out of my budget, which I'm thinking maxes out (for real) at around $1500. I am willing to consider used equipment.
Tekton Lore 2.0: This is the speaker that Eric Alexander of Tekton has recommended when we've spoken on the phone, based upon my medium-small listening room and amp. I've read the epic "Lore vs. Zu" thread elsewhere in this forum, and clearly Tekton has its enthusiastic fans here. What I wonder is whether the Lore 2.0 has the refinement of the De Capo in terms of resolution, sweet high end and imaging. Audiogon'er Mikirob has pointed me to the many rave reviews of Tekton's speakers and I'm definitely interested.
I've corresponded with the Sonist folks (who are super nice) but their really high-efficiency, nearly-full-range floor stander is out of my budget.
Then there's the "vintage" route, going after some used JBL's or other high-efficiency "classics" from the 80's (or '70's). I am not inclined to go in this direction, but mention it because it's been suggested to me.
And then there's Omega. I spoke to Louis some time ago and he recommended his 7XRS hemp cone model. But I know all the raps on single driver designs and I'm cautious, although I would like to hear from any of you who own or have owned Omega's.
I'm in no rush to make a switch but I am very interested in your thoughts. Thanks, folks!
rebbi
Roxy,
Great to hear from you.
I did pick up a Magic Power Cord by Signal Cable (Almarg had recommended these) for my Kit 1, used, from a local audiophile. I like it a lot, but I'm intrigued by your impressions of the Nano Reference. I'll check it out.
As for Klipsch, sure, I’m intrigued. I find their current line confusing - there are so many models and I have heard online (which is worth the paper it's printed on, admittedly) that their newer, mass market stuff isn't as good as the vintage, Made In USA stuff.
Davidpritchard:
Thank you so much for chiming in!! The KLF-20 looks like a winner - a slimmer tower would fit in my room much better than a massive, squat floor-stander. And I've seen KLF-20's for sale on the 'net. The challenge is as I posted above: these things are heavy, few sellers have the original boxes, and thus the sellers aren't willing to ship them. But I'll definitely keep my eye out!
And what about the Heresy, paired with a sub, maybe? What do your Klipsch-o-philes think of the Heresy?
Although I love my Lascalas, I also, very much, enjoy my Epic CF2s (which to me, are the best of the 4 Epic models ). To each his own. These two Klipsch products are quite different designs, and different sounding (even after modding them), but, they both have the ability to convey "close to live". The KLF series, ime, has box resonance issues, which travels to the front panel and drivers, that unless treated properly, are a bit dirty to listen to. My Lascalas had that problem, but, no more. The Epic cabinets are well designed. Keep in mind, the louder you listen, the box resonances become worse. Although I have owned, and, am very familiar with the Heresy, I never took to them. I believe, the air suspension principal, is the culprit. I have a friend, who's Heresys I modded, and, he loves them. He dreams of my Lascalas. He is a musician, and, might not be an audiophile per say, but he understands what they do well. Interesting that I am not part of the Klipsch forum. But, I am a diehard Klipsch fan, for many years, of many of their models. I have always said, they do more right, than wrong, allowing me to "get into" the music. MrD.
Like a SET, Klipsh or any HE speaker are a unique breed and is not likely to sound its best with the same gear as thw more typical modern speaker fare.

Its all about getting good synergy/performance to start with and tweaking the details from there. Many different recipes for this. The ones for unique breeds like SETs and HE speakers will also be unique. So I do not pay any attention to those who merely plop a Heresy into their existing system and expect excellent results. Like a good sports team, you have to identify your "star performers" whatever those are and build around those accordingly over time until you hit the bullseye.