How good do SACD players play normal CDS

How good is the normal CD playback on a Sony SACD unit? I'm considering aroudn $3000 for a normal cd player such as a Wadia 830 or Classe CDP-1 or Meridian 508.24 Does the cd playback on a SACD come close to this level of regular cd players?
tbonephile
just sold my sony sacd player last week,the standard format on the sony didn't sound much better than the average cd player.performing a/b test with my RESOLUTION AUDIO cd50, i concluded that the cd50 was far more musical and involving then the sony. I have also own the the meridian 508.24+wadia 860x both excellent players,but prefer the CD50 when it comes to perfomance.
I really think this new format well catch on. Super audio is grand. As for 24 bit and less, the 777es dose do a pretty nice job. I have only compared it to Krell 300. Good Luck. Scott
Fonsy, I'm tremendously happy that there's yet another RA CD50 owner who agrees with me! Long live RESOLUTION!!! Say hi to missus "C" for me...
I compared the Sony 777es with the Meridian 508-24 and an older inexpensive Rotel. The Meridian did a much better job than the Sony and the Rotel was as good as the Sony. It was the equivalent of the $300 Rotel.