How important is the rack you use for your components

I’ve been browsing thru people’s systems on audiogon and have seen all different kinds of racks, shelves, bookcases , stands etc. For people’s equipment. My question is how important is the rack to the sound of the system. Has anyone gone from a basic rack to a premium and/or home constructed rack and noticed a marked improvement? And when I say marked, I mean marked. Looking for input
polkalover
I’ve always used simple steel racks to good effect. My turntable is on a Sound Organisation 3 tier rack; I’ve owned that rack since the early 90’s and have been happy with it. My other gear sits on SolidSteel racks. I’m satisfied with those too. My point is buy something solid and well made, which need not cost as much as an amplifier. Are my racks beautiful? Not really, but highly functional.
I haven’t played with different racks, as aesthetics dictate a console between my speakers. With the console, though, I’ve noticed putting spikes under the feet helped improve imaging and bass response. As did isolating all my components using springs. I put my turntable and tube pre on wooden platforms, which are then placed on springs. My oppo is isolated with springs directly under the chassis and my amps sit on top of the oppo. With more space, I’d suspend the amps on their own shelf. But alas..

That was a very long way of saying I’ve noticed changes/improvements when messing with my rack. I can only imagine a dedicated rack would bring even more sonic differences to the table
Yes, why not get something designed for people who really NEED to control vibration?

And you don't have to get an active table, there are passive ones too.

An easy & cheap trick is ball bearings on little miniature dollhouse saucers under your components.

I went from a cheap glass and tubing rack to one of steel and air dried maple; as currently configured, the m/t rack weighs 250 lbs.  At the time of change, everything was SS, and was not much above entry level.  After moving the equipment to the new rack, I had instruments appearing seemingly out of nowhere in music I had listened to for 30+ years.  racks make a great deal of difference.