Integrateds: $3K, $4.5K or $5K

I'm building a new system with an integrated amp at its heart. I'm considering Musical Fidelity M6i (200 wpc, $3,000), McIntosh MA5200 (100 wpc, $4500) or Bryston B135 SST2 (135 wpc, $5070 w/ remote).

Will be driving either Totem Element Fire (8 ohms, 88db SPL) or Joseph Audio Pulsar (8 ohms, 85db SPL), both 2-way stand mounts.

Small room (13' x 15', 9' ceiling).

Listening to mostly mainstream rock, R&B, dance/club. Occasional light jazz, Broadway, Sinatra and the like.

Would welcome input from those who've had experience with, or opinions about, any of these amps.

Thx.
jbltmp
Looks like the start of a great system.

I auditioned the MF M6i and was extremely impressed with it. I can't see how you would go wrong with it driving either of the speakers you are considering. Its a real powerhouse, attractive and well built too.

I also auditioned the MAC 5200 and loved its feature set and looks. What concerned me was lack of a 4 ohm rating either in its specs or on its back panel by the speaker terminals. A search of the internet did not provide any additional info; only one review with a 4 ohm rating into 1 Khz. Not 20-20. Even though your speakers are 8 ohm, the lack of a 4 ohm rating would be a concern and indication of the overall power of the amp.

Don't know too much about the last one your thinking about so will leave others to comment.

If was me, I would get the M6i, save the bucks and call it a day. Have fun in your search and happy listening.
Thanks for the comments.

I had the same question about the McIntosh, as have several others who've noted it in various threads. I contacted McIntosh directly and the representative (Chuck Hinton) stated the MA5200 would have no problem driving a 4 ohm load.

I like the M/F, but there's no headphone output! I don't understand why on as good a piece as this. Not that I listen through headphones often, but I'd like to have the option and not have to purchase a separate headphone amp.

This is one of the main things holding me back.

Also, both the MAC (digital, optical and USB) and the M/F (USB only) have integrated DACs. Since I'll be using an outboard DAC (Arcam irDAC) I don't want to feel I'm paying for a DAC. On the Bryston you can add a DAC as an optional for additional cost.
No recommendation here, but a thought:

You mention that you're using stand-mounted monitors. If you think that - down the road - you might add a subwoofer (or two) to that system, you might take a look at the HK 990 integrated from Harman Kardon. It includes bass management and room correction functionality to allow precise integration of subwoofers. It's also an excellent sounding unit that should handle most speaker loads without a problem.