Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
Dear Gregadd: Whart posted, +++++ " I have over 8,000 LPs at this point " +++++ and " I guess I am committed. ".

This is all about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Greater frequency response?.....you sure about that???????

I have disc's that I dont think could be cut on Vinyl because of the bass, I could be wrong but I think you are mistaken.
i swore off digital verses analog threads a year ago.....but i guess i can't help myself.

yes; vinyl has extended frequency response; likely similar to high rez digital. but the measured extention is not the issue; it's that vinyl does not use filters that muck up the phase in the highs. when correct phase is combined with considerably greater data density (not infinite....just lots more) the difference in regards to high freqency reproduction and overall degree of realism is dramatic favoring vinyl.

the reason DSD/SACD sounds more natural and vinyl like than PCM is it's more benign digital filter.

is vinyl anoying? is it worth it?

when i have visitors we always enjoy the digital; after about 45 minutes i throw on an Lp and usually that's the end of the digital listening......not to say the digital is not very good and satisfying.

the other day a friend was over. i put on the 45rpm box set version of Led Zep's 'Whole Lotta Love'. afterwards he just sat there and kept saying WOW again and again. i wish digital could do that......but it just can't.

yes; it's worth it.
analog and vinyl annoying?

no - take a treasured album - 10 minutes on the Loricraft
both sides three step process, do this just once and then just a dust off

vinyl is so much more engaging that it's worth it