Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
Actually some of these "analog vs. digital" threads are far more annoying than vinyl will ever be.

All of course IMO
Thanks for your input Mike, and I must say your room and gear are #1 of all systems I have seen, I admire you from the cheap seats!
So I have to ask, after several days and so many posts. How is this thread different that every other vinyl vs. cd thread over the last decade and what new insights have we learned?
Dan_ed posed the question: How is this thread different that every other vinyl vs. cd thread over the last decade and what new insights have we learned?

Perhaps that the range of choices available to those interested in vinyl as a source have never been wider, or more interesting, and that the price of entry can be reasonable, despite the high cost of true SOTA vinyl playback; that there is a new generation of listener for whom vinyl is intriguing, and that even some old dogs can learn new tricks. (Maybe the last is over-optimistic, but I couldn't resist).
For me, playing the system is an event. I hope everyone has that pleasure.