Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
04-18-07: Eldartford
I really question the need to clean CDs.
I was highly dubious of the affect Shine-Ola would have on CDs, but hearing an A/B in my own system put all disbelief to rest. I should also add that before doing the A/B test I burned identical copies of the audition music, and I told my buddy not to tell me which one was treated/cleaned. Only after I had listened to both (and heard a difference between them) did I ask my friend to tell me which was cleaned with Shine-Ola. Sure enough, the Shine-Ola cleaned CD was the one that sounded clearly better. We repeated the A/B listening on a few more discs and the results were the same each time.
I started to to get some Shine-Ola. I could not distinguish it from some other subtance.
I started to to get some Shine-Ola. I could not distinguish it from some other subtance.
Gregadd (Threads | Answers)
Does this mean you were reading about it, and could not distinguish it from other substances, or that you used some and could not distinguish it from other substances?

What other substances specifically?

BTW, I am certain Shine-Ola is a repackaging of some kind, but of what I do not know. It has no odor I could detect, which leads me to believe it contains no alcohol.

I was pretty happy with the eyeglass cleaner intended for polycarbonate lenses.