Is the V.P.I. Traveler made in China

A retailer told me there is no way at this price point it could be made in the United States. As far as I know V.P.I. makes all their products in the U.S.
taters
After all, many feel that New Jersey is the China of the USA. So it's win win.
Made? Depends on what the meaning of 'made' is. Well 95% of the Traveler parts come from China, but it is assembled in Cliffwood. So, does that qualify to say 'made' in the USA?
The only part that is sourced offshore is the tonearm lift mechanism. The rest of the VPI table parts are sourced and produced in the USA.
Made? Depends on what the meaning of 'made' is. Well 95% of the Traveler parts come from China, but it is assembled in Cliffwood. So, does that qualify to say 'made' in the USA?

I understood that VPI machined their tonearms and fittings in NJ.

What parts come from China
It would be very hard for anyone to know unless they saw boxes full of all parts coming from a local machine shop. While I don't think VPI is top of the heap in precision and while I cannot understand how this product is so cheap, this is not any sort of "hard evidence" they are made in China.

Lots of manufacturers lie about product being made in USA, implying parts are made here too. You would be surprised. Yet, that means nothing about VPI. He may be real clever about getting cheap prices from US machine shops based on quantity and long term relationships.